Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster rear suspension

Message originally posted by: chris Reeson
    I am fed up with springs hitting the body on hard cornering and dampers that are supposed to work at about 45 degrees. Has anybody else fitted a panhard rod, anti-tramp bars and/or vertical dampers? Seems like I need some proper axle location - who has already been there and done that?

Re: Roadster rear suspension

I had a similar problem and discovered that the o/s lower seat-belt mounting bolt was fouling the spring under certain conditions. I removed the external load-spreading washer I'd added to the bolt and no more clonking. A panhard is definitely a good idea - Marinas were renowed for their pioneering use of rear-wheel steer.

Check all the bushes and dampers - I have poly shackle-bushes which helped stiffen things up, and plan to add poly spring pads and poly spring-eye bushes too. I also plan to replace the rear Spax with Gaz units - I've been really impressed with the ones I fitted at the front, they seem much more positive than the original Spax.

A logical extension is a full 5-link rear with turretted coilover units, which looks a feasible solution. I believe it's been done, but I can't remember the chaps name...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Message originally posted by: chris Reeson
      I did this to a previous car, which was Triumph IRS based. It was massively better. I don't want to be quite as drastic with this car!

Comment

See this earlier Forum message - http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum.php?read=54&cat=0 - or just look for "Panhard rods" in the message list.

Comment

Working...
        X