Future Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Shows

I have added the following 2014 events to the forum calendar, hopefully they will get included the next edition of Pitstop, having just missed a deadline.

Detling in March Now cancelled, perhaps until 2015 Deleted from 2014 Forum calendar
    Stoneliegh in May
    Cranleigh and Donington in August
    South West (formerly Exeter, now much further away in Malvern) in October

Links are in the Calendar entries for dates, times, locations etc.

EDIT
    More added http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...earchid=111069

If I have omitted anything significant, please add it to the calendar.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 14-01-14, 06:02 PM. Reason: Detling 2014 cancelled
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Re: Future Shows

can't see this!!

Comment

Immediately beneath where it says Forum (on the line that says Whats new - Classifieds - Forum) it says
      Calendar

or www.marlinownersclub.com/forum/calendar.php?month=3&year=2014&calendarid=1&s= will take you there

Presumably this will come as a surprise to several members.
      We, forum users have the ability to add and edit calendar entries.
      The forum calendar can easily be more accurate than the dates printed in Pitstop, by definition these have been added more than two months before they will appear in paper copy and links to host websites can be included.
      Last edited by stevejgreen; 29-11-13, 03:29 PM.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

I think Tony meant he couldn't see your original post as it is dark grey type on black. Suggest you re-submit.

Comment

Grum, the colours are fine by me. Probably more due to individual personal settings, possibly influenced by Camerons latest update. Certainly I can read it fine on three different devices and operating systems that I use. I will wait for Camerons comment before investigating further.

I do know though that Tony Stott has, since posting "can't see this" and my reply, has visited the forum calendar. If he had the colour problem you describe hopefully he can confirm it, or perhaps Cameron can explain. My guess is that the forum calendar is neglected and a rarely used facility that most readers do not refer to.

I can only suppose that you, have read my PM and ignored its request for a "read receipt", this Post and visited the Forum Calendar to confirm the actual dates and source web addresses, and I can expect these to be published in the next Pitstop.

I will not be re-submitting my original post or sending a reminder for Pitstop, the events will remain listed on the Forum Calendar for all to see.
          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
            can't see this!!
            If you scroll to the very bottom of this page there is a small box on the left where you can change the colours. I changed mine a couple of months ago because some posts were very difficult to read and it solved it for me.

Comment

The unreadable colours are a feature of the original vbulletin forum software because of the colour schemes we initially put into place. The forum will be updated in the next few days and the default colour scheme will be much easier to read - black text on a clean background but still with the option to modify it should you wish.
              Last edited by cameronfurnival; 29-11-13, 09:27 PM.

Comment

This colour issue dates back to the first days of this forum almost two years ago. Good that it is being resolved properly.

Cameron, is it an issue due to the recent changes or something individual to Grum.

It was my supposition, as you know, that the Forum Calendar was simply a little used, neglected facility, and users did not know what I was referring to in my OP.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hopefully the dates will reach Pitstop, particularly the Exeter Show that has moved to Malvern.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Scott Thanks for the tip on changing the settings, what a difference. It's not my eyes.

Comment

correct, couldn't see the original posting, have now changed my settings, the originals of which were probably lost/changed by a major windows update earlier this wwek, it caused probs with other stuff as well - good old microsoft!!!

Comment

At least we have gotten to the bottom of the problem and it was not directly related to my original post.
                        I made the assumption that it was not colour related as that was an issue that was previously addressed in the very early days of the forum that effected not one but every forum page in some way or another.

The solution by the method described by scott h is the permanent one, unless microsoft or AN Other interferes.

It appears that some established members were still unaware of the issue, Camerons plan to set the default colours to something sensible is the ultimate solution.
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Ok now gone back to original Marlin Style page and all works fine - strange
                          Had similar probs earlier in year with some of Robert Cumbria's posts -- could be my laptop, its coal fired!!

Comment

Whilst I was on a roll I have added

London Brighton kit car run in June

Powderham Classic car show in July

Tatton Park in August

Kent Classic Show in September

Does anyone have any inside info if Newark is on in 2014. http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/ Newark now cancelled

edit: the website for Newark has been updated.
                            Last edited by stevejgreen; 14-01-14, 06:03 PM. Reason: Newark Cancelled
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Yes Newark is on

Comment

Working...
                              X