My name is Paul - and I'm an addict !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Paul - and I'm an addict !

I can't help it ! Despite having owned over 100 cars (and large number of motorbikes) the urge for yet another is calling me again.
    At present I've got 5 cars and 4 bikes and a quad (as well as 2 mobility buggies).
    My health is poor and had my driving licence suspended for over 3 months earlier in the year until I took disabled driving test. Anyway I passed and can now drive again but it's made m realise I should really have a car for fun as I never know if 'll have to stop driving again in the future. Whilst I have a 1972 Austin (post Healey agreement) Sprite it need some adapting (autobox & PAS) so the desire for another kit car appeals. I've sat down with my A-Z book of UK kit cars but very few are to my taste. Then I remembered the Marlin. I first was interested in them back in 1979 but had just bought my first home so couldn't afford (had to make do with my 1964 Sunbeam Rapier IV). In 1989 a Berlinetta tempted me but a 3.4 XJ6 won !
    So now it's join the club forum and read up about them - and again I'm tempted.

Paul Humphries,
    Werrington,
    Stoke-on-Trent,
    Staffs

Re: My name is Paul - and I'm an addict !

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Club.

You will find us a helpful bunch and there are people on this site that will be able to supply a car to suite your needs.

Just decide whether you want a Roadster, Berlinnetta, Cabrio, Sportster or a 5exi and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Good luck with your search.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Paul, welcome!

There is nothing we like more than talking about our Marlins, getting us to shut up is more the problem! So I'm sure there are members near you that could show you around their car to help you decide if it's what you want. Then there are members with contacts who have marlins for sale.

Scott

Comment

A Roadster with an Auto Gearbox, now that would be a novelty.

Has anybody ever done that or heard of any attempts. Might still be a Borg Warner 35 or 65 from MGB's or Dolomite's still about, so it should be possible.

Neil.
        Last edited by neiltechspec; 15-12-13, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neiltechspec View Post
          A Roadster with an Auto Gearbox, now that would be a novelty.

Has anybody ever done that or heard of any attempts. Might still be a Borg Warner 35 or 65 from MGB's or Dolomite's still about, so it should be possible.

Neil.
          B65 is a lot slimmer than the BW35. I had one for a Minor conversion but they are getting scarce in 1275cc A Series applications as only Ital can provide. For a Herald I got a 1500 engine and autobox from a Dolomite HLS - again rare.

Today decided a Cortina based Berlinetta is what would be best for me. Maybe with Zetec and autobox as Sierra / Granada versions fit.

Paul H

Comment

Nigel Cordrey had a roadster with an automatic box on the back of a tuned 2l pinto. Went like stink. Not sure if he is still a member.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X