Anyone identify these steel wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone identify these steel wheels

I can't think what they are off so can anyone else identify these wheels ?

Thanks.

Paul H

Re: Anyone identify these steel wheels

I dont think they are (off) anything Paul. Weller produced wheels in white and also in silver finish. In fact Marlin offered them in a 15inch size for Berlinettas before offering an alloy compomotive. These look the same to me whatever the dia may be, and of course PCD to suit Marina hub.

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
      I dont think they are (off) anything Paul. Weller produced wheels in white and also in silver finish. In fact Marlin offered them in a 15inch size for Berlinettas before offering an alloy compomotive. These look the same to me whatever the dia may be, and of course PCD to suit Marina hub.
      Thanks.

I'm normally quite good at identifying parts but these stumped me.

Paul H

Comment

Nice and skinny though, great for those snowy conditions.

Adrian

Comment

Holes like an MGF but not as dished. Good question!
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Car use to look like this so they may have been changed recently.Q50 UHB.jpg

Comment

If they are 13 inch they could be Triumph Spitfire?? What size are They??
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Found more pictures on owners photo album and I reckon they are Wellers by the blue / red band around the rim.

Paul H

Comment

They are Wellers Paul.

Comment

Might be controversial but seeing Triumph / Marina PCD is same as MGF then PCD converters are easy to source "off the shelf" to allow fitment of a wide range of more common wheels.
                    For example -

Not use I'd use universal type but 3 3/4" to 100mm PCD available from other suppliers.

Paul H
                    Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 23-01-14, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CompoSimmonite View Post
                      Might be controversial but seeing Triumph / Marina PCD is same as MGF then PCD converters are easy to source "off the shelf" to allow fitment of a wide range of more common wheels.
                      For example -

Not use I'd use universal type but 3 3/4" to 100mm PCD available from other suppliers.

Paul H

I have tried to talk to Mike Satur on several occasions, spacers have always been out of stock. You could be lucky.
                      Offsets still need to be checked.
                      MOC member since 05/97
                      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Make sure the spigots on the spacers fit the hub and the wheel rim exactly to maintain concentricity. If they are not then the spacer will not be cetralised and the centralisation of the wheel itself will be only governed by the wheel nut.
                        I had to swap my universal ones out because the lack of concentricity of both spacer and wheel rim was giving me wheel balance problems. (hope I am not teaching granny to suck eggs here).

Comment

Hi Paul,
                          In the Sportster section of the website there is thread "Louvres". Robert has answered with a reference to the following site:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Have a look it is well worth it and you may have the answer to your question although I am inclined to agree with Danny. They do look like Weller wheels.

Comment

If anyone is interested Mike Satur has the MFG PCD adapters back in stock as from today.

Paul H

Comment

Working...
                            X