Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resotring a Berlinetta to be used by stepson as a wedding car in September

Hi all,

I have just removed a Cortina based Berlinetta with a 2ltr pinto (1976 Donor) from an old Barn. Due to rot and decay of the entrance I had to dismantle the doors and the front frame of the Barn. She has been there since 2006 when sadly my stepson's father (The previous owner died). On first look the body seems to be in good condition with only a few paint blemishes. No fluid in brakes, no HT at the plugs, have removed the plugs, oiled the bores and turned the engine on the starter. Fuse box green and rotten, tyres still inflated but will need replacing. I am looking for assistance in purchasing some spares such a Spray bar for the cam, wheel cylinders, slave cylinders, some re chroming or replacing headlights exhaust etc. Any advice about where to source these parts and tips about up grading the ignition system would be gratefully received. Regards Tony 3598.

Re: Resotring a Berlinetta to be used by stepson as a wedding car in September

HI Tony and congratulations on taking on the project. Fortunately almost everything you need is available, engine stuff is available from burtons www.burtonpower.com for example teh spray bar is about a tenner... http://www.burtonpower.com/camshaft-...to-ft1059.html
    wheel cylinders from your local motar factor and most things on fleabay. If you need something specific post a message on here and I bet someone has one in their garage waiting just for you! Good luck with it - hope to see it at stoneleigh!

Comment

Re: Resotring a Berlinetta to be used by stepson as a wedding car in September

Hi Tony, good luck with the restoration. I am currently restoring my Sierra based Berly. It had been off the road for 10 years and the original plan of just giving it a spruce up soon turned into a complete rebuild! I have been posting my exploits in my build diary, how do you fancy doing your own? It's amazing the interest there is going by the number of views.

Scott

Comment

Working...
      X