Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHEB meeting on March 2nd will be including watching some of the March Hare hill clim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHEB meeting on March 2nd will be including watching some of the March Hare hill clim

In addition to the usual pub lunch, the SHEB group have decide to go and watch some of the Falcon Motor Club's Classic March Hare Trials. They start near Rebourn on the A5 between St. Albans and Dunstable. They deliberately keep the stages and route a secret until the start of the previous week but I am guessing we will be using a pub somewhere in the Tring area. If anyone wants to join us please email me ([email protected]).

I am asking the club secretary to write to the following members and let them know of the event just in case they are not online. Taken from the Club Membership map they are at

Dunstable
    Harpenden
    St Albans
    Aylesbury
    Berkhmpstead
    Watford
    Chesham
    High Wycombe
    Marlow
    Cookham
    Gerrards Cross area (4 members)
    Princes Risborough
    Bracknell
    Yateley
    Camberly
    Woking
    Weybridge
    Sunbury

If you recognise any of these as being you can you email me so that I can let you know of other events (or let me know if you don't want to be contacted in the future)

With all the wet weather we have been having I think we shall be in for some very entertaining hill climbs

Keith Howell

Re: SHEB meeting on March 2nd will be including watching some of the March Hare hill

I will be the "Woking" one on the list. I would love to come but I am working in Milan for the next 10 months with only the occasional weekend home. As an aside there are ups and downs to this - I miss the Marlin, not so bad in winter - my wife decided that she would take ownership of my LR Freelander as she is in UK and elected that my Marlin can be my daily driver when I come home those odd weekends - I am contemplating putting Marlin on motor rail anb bringing it to Milan (toss up between that and motorbike).
    I do have a nice view from my office window though (when its not raining as its like the UK most of this month)Alps.jpg

Comment

Re: SHEB meeting on March 2nd will be including watching some of the March Hare hill

I have edited the March Hare Forum Calendar entry to include the SHEB meeting

It includes a link to the March Hare website

Originally posted by keithh View Post
      In addition to the usual pub lunch, the SHEB group have decide to go and watch some of the Falcon Motor Club's Classic March Hare Trials. They start near Rebourn on the A5 between St. Albans and Dunstable. They deliberately keep the stages and route a secret until the start of the previous week but I am guessing we will be using a pub somewhere in the Tring area. If anyone wants to join us please email me ([email protected]).

I am asking the club secretary to write to the following members and let them know of the event just in case they are not online. Taken from the Club Membership map they are at

Dunstable
      Harpenden
      St Albans
      Aylesbury
      Berkhmpstead
      Watford
      Chesham
      High Wycombe
      Marlow
      Cookham
      Gerrards Cross area (4 members)
      Princes Risborough
      Bracknell
      Yateley
      Camberly
      Woking
      Weybridge
      Sunbury

If you recognise any of these as being you can you email me so that I can let you know of other events (or let me know if you don't want to be contacted in the future)

With all the wet weather we have been having I think we shall be in for some very entertaining hill climbs

Keith Howell

Comment

What a fabulous view

Couldn't you make a mini break of it and drive there. What tales to be told and adventures to be had !

Comment

Sadly, the March Hire trial has had to be cancelled this year due to the inclement weather. The SHEB meet for Sunday March 2nd will still go ahead. A number of us will be going to the deHaviland Heritage Museum at London Colney (Mosquitoes etc) just south of St. Albans, arriving between 10-30 and 11-00

see : www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk

We then go on to the Colney Fox pub just a short drive away to meet up at 12-30 with those who are going straight to the pub

see: www.vintageinn.co.uk/thecolneyfoxlondoncolney

If anyone wants to join us there please let me know asap so that I can book a table for the right number

Regards

Keith Howell
          Last edited by keith_h; 18-02-14, 01:05 PM.

Comment

You are right and I am very tempted

Originally posted by keithh View Post
            What a fabulous view

Couldn't you make a mini break of it and drive there. What tales to be told and adventures to be had !

Comment

Working...
            X