External exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External exhaust

I've been quoted by Longlife ?700 to supply & fit a stainless manifold and exhaust to run outside the car and under the running board. Is this about right?

Also is there any problem with having an exhaust like this eg noisier?

Re: External exhaust

Hi Richard

See the post below from Ian on 26 Apr 05. There are pictures of my side pipe system. It certainly didn't cost me ?700. Mine came from YKC and is attached to a Sierra manifold. It is noisy though.

In a previous PITSTOP someone routed their pipe through the side but then somehow attached it over the back axle to exhaust at the rear. When I have time I will try and find the back issue.

Cheers
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Seems a lot to pay based on members being quoted ?350-?420 for full stainless on roadsters[which was the sort of figure i was quoted on my roadster and that included manifold] Seems also that a guy by the name of Graham Frankland 01280 847756 has been recommended

Comment

Richard,
        See the thread in roadsters:
        http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum.php?read=1638&cat=0
        The majority of the ?700 is for fabricating the manifold. This is a time consuming process. I went to the loglife centre just outside Bistol on the A38 and the guy there showed me one they hade just made for a pug 106 which was fantastic.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks for the responses, ?700 certainly seems on the high side. The guy at Longlife said they can make the exhaust sound however you like - my guess is that's a choice of noises, not quietness though...

Hope to see and listen to, a few side exit exhausts at Exeter

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
            richard are you sorted with your exhaust system yet.

Comment

Working...
            X