No announcement yet.

Mounting the Airflow Meter (again....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting the Airflow Meter (again....)

I have been looking at all sorts of ways of mounting the Airflow Meter - none of which up until now I am very happy with. Then I came up with the idea of fixing it to the inlet manifold. There are a couple of studs that could be used to take a bracket (one normally used to support the diagnostic skt and the other to support the bypass valve) Does anyone think that the movement and vibration of the engine would causee a problem with the airflow meter reading?

Cheers

Robin

Re: Mounting the Airflow Meter (again....)

Since the AFM has a fine wire element in it which is heated I would suspect that the vibration from the engine would drastically shorten its life, and they are very pricey!!!!

Comment

Anyone else have any opinions about this? It seems my idea of mounting it directly to the engine may not have been such a good one....

Comment

I did see a nice solution where the airflow meter was attached to a bracket along the side of the engine bay. Can't remember who's it was.

On another note e30zone.co.uk are now selling an AFM adapter so you can stick a 70mm silicon hose on the end opening up extra options other than the standard airbox (which I dont think will fit anyway).

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC, Editor)
          Hi Robin

Pics can be posted but remember they need to be 600x600 pixels and 64k(or less) jpegs.

Comment

Working...
          X