KITFEST Castle Combe Circuit July 19th - NEW EVENT FOR 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITFEST Castle Combe Circuit July 19th - NEW EVENT FOR 2014

I have just picked up on this new KITCAR magazine sponsored event. This would be a great opportunity to get all those southerners together. It also has live action which is great with manufacturers offering rides around the track. (anyone remember the old castle combe action days??)
    More information at http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...ingEventID=712

Is the club interested in applying for space?? It would offer some track time to those 5exi and sportster members!!
    Attached Files
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: KITFEST Castle Combe Circuit July 19th - NEW EVENT FOR 2014

Just read this over at the MEV Owners Forum WOW!!!!!!!!

************ Hot of the Press ****************

Preliminary outline of what's generally planned for

KITFEST

FRIDAY NIGHT

· Camping available

· Tavern Restaurant & Bar open (very short walk across the paddock from the camping area).

· Camping packages; Friday & Saturday night camping including a hot meal and a drink on the Friday night plus one adult admission ticket for Saturday = £25 per person.

Camping on Friday and Saturday with one adult admission ticket for Saturday (no food inc) = £20 per person. Advanced booking required

Hot meals will be a choice of Fish & Chips, Ham, Egg & Chips or a Mushroom Stroganoff with Rice or Chips for vegetarian option, drink will be a pint of beer, lager or cider, or a glass of wine or soft drink. (On the day the same food & drink will cost you a minimum of £11.45)

· Arrive & Drive Karting open at DriveTech (situated at Old Paddock Corner). £15 per 10 minute session – pay on the day

· Owners Clubs will be able to start setting up their display stands if required.

· Great opportunity for a chilled out evening, catching up with old friends, making new ones, talking kit cars, admiring others’ machinery – you might like to arrange a friendly football match; jumpers for goal posts etc! Or a game of rounders, or a sing along if you have someone handy with an acoustic guitar! Maybe a quiz in the Tavern?

SATURDAY

· Club Display stands totally free of charge (must be pre-booked).

· Kit cars and their owners get in free with free display parking (kit cars only area) NB Kit cars must be driven to the circuit, not on trailers! Owners will need to pre register for a vehicle pass to ensure adequate parking is reserved. Kit car drivers who haven’t pre-registered will need to pay £5 on the gate and will be able to display park subject to availability.

· Admission tickets to all other persons £10 in advance (up to 11th July), £15 thereafter and on the day. Children under 16 are free. Senior Citizens £7.50 on the day.

· 15 Minute Track sessions can be purchased; £25 early bird (booked and paid for by 19th May), £30 advance (20th May up to 11th July), £35 thereafter and on the day. Passengers charged at £5 and only payable on the day, not in advance. All cars must pass 100dBA static noise test, all drivers to wear helmets.

· Exclusive track sessions available for up to 28 cars for £560 Early Bird (up to 19th May), £630 (20th May > 19th June).

· Lunch time parade laps (no helmets required, led by pace car, no overtaking). £10 per car in advance (up to 11th July) £15 thereafter and on the day. Passengers are free.

· 2 drifting display sessions, actual times TBC, usually one at lunch time and one in the mid afternoon.

· Huge trade village

· Predicted very strong manufacturer presence with manufacturers demonstrating their cars on track/giving demo rides

· Possible Autotest display in parc ferme area (display only, passenger rides possible). TBC

· Awards for best club stand, car of show etc. More awards/categories pending successful sponsorship of the awards TBC

· Fun challenges organised by owners club?

· Arrive & Drive Karting open for morning only at DriveTech (situated at Old Paddock Corner). £15 per 10 minute session – pay on the day

SATURDAY NIGHT

· Last car comes off track at 5pm

· Tavern Restaurant & Bar opens at TBA

· and closes at TBA

· Live music in the Tavern

· Possibly fancy dress organised by owners clubs?

SUNDAY

· Free slow parade laps to commence possible drive out from circuit organised by owners clubs?

· Tavern open for breakfast (numbers permitting).

nigel
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Re: KITFEST Castle Combe Circuit July 19th - NEW EVENT FOR 2014

Looks good - I'll certainly make sure this event goes in the next issue of Pitstop for maximum coverage within the club.

Ed

Comment

Working...
      X