Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the club

4114796.jpg

Having just become the new owner of a Roadster I am looking forward to seeing what the club has to offer as I am sure I have a lot to learn from the members.
    Last edited by Emily; 07-03-14, 09:51 AM.

Re: New to the club

Hi and welcome to the club lovely cabrio.

Comment

Cameron shame on you, The photo shows a YKC Roadster!!!

Comment

they all look the same in the dark I guess the clue was in the text too "Having just become the new owner of a Roadster"

Must have a day off!!!

Comment

Only having a bit of fun.

Comment

Welcome to the Club. If you need any advice I am sure everyone will help.
            Liz

Comment

Danny - hope you are at Stoneleigh, I will bring my eye-spy Marlin guide and you can help me through it. (Sometimes one feels completely stupid and this is one of those times). Maybe I need more red wine.

Comment

This might help

MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Cameron,
                  I will bring a bottle with me to Stoneleigh, we can share.

Comment

Hi Emily

Is that your name or the car?

Whichever, welcome

Nice Roadster, and as you can see we are not all to do with cars.

Cameron, what wally (cant seem to add a smiley, oh well back to text speak) LOL.

Will we see you at Stoneleigh, hope so?

I will be there.

With a prime example like that it doesn't look like it needs any work doing.

Adrian

Comment

Cameron are you sure you have bought a roadster and one for Adrian and one for luck
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Opppss wrong thread to answer, LOL

Comment

Hang on this was my answer to Emily who started this thread. Oh well whatever, age has suddenly caught up with me. More LOL's.

Comment

Emily is the name we gave the car she is in good condition having only travelled 2900 miles since registered. She was built with new engine and gearbox and a recon back axle which is marina. Maybe someone can tell me exactly what she is as I have a load of paperwork with her which shows the kit was ordered from Marlin in Plymouth in 1988 so this would indicate it was not from YKC. However I have invoices from YKC dated 2001 which show that they carried out over 100 hours of work and painted her and got her through the SVA. Chassis no is ROAEVEL012001 which is on a YKC plate. If anyone can give me more information it would be great.
                            Last edited by Emily; 08-03-14, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Marina back axle provided you don't put too much power through it and go kerb hopping. Lots of parts still available for it, as the internals were common to several Triumphs, and it was used by the early Caterhams and raced in earnest.
                              MOC member since 05/97
                              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                              X