Wood !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood !

Whilst I had the car in the air checking if axle wedges needed I decided to remove the seats at the same time. Me getting in and out of the car has left piles of wood slivers on the ground. Makes a change as normally my old cars just leave piles of rusty metal
    The drivers side ply is well and truly rotted and I'm surprised the seat didn't fall through with my weight ! Removing the carpet pulled off loads of ply layers where the glue was still attached. By then I was getting carried away with excitement so removed the boot carpets as well and binned the MDF floor. It had deteriorated to the point where it resembled the type of board we had a kids that you nailed little wooden shapes into as that soft. Easily broken up and put in wheelie bin as it's being collected tomorrow. Just had lunch and next job is removing seatbelts - that are also going into the bin. The tunnel carpet can then be pulled off the alloy and I can see how that is removed as part of my plan is to reduce it's width as much as possible for extra hip room. Amazing what a little sunshine does to motivate you to go outside. I'm not doing much though as I want to get it into the garage before the serious work starts. My garage is only 18' x 9' but I have a set of wheel skate so that allows it to be easily moved around. Haven't had a car in the garage for years ! There is so much "stuff" it's a struggle to see the floor. Had to believe I used to get my S2 3.4 XJ6 plus motorbike in there. There again that was 20 years ago and now it'd swamp my Smart Fortwo.

Paul H

Re: Wood !

Wheelie bin is now full !
    The floor was so rotten on both sides that all it took was a swift stamp of my boot to break it free. Once I'd started it was then all the carpets into the bin along with the rest of the trim. Door "cards" were soggy MDF and underneath the ply doors were rotten too. A little surprised as I thought the doors were alloy but seems they are ply and just the outer clad in alloy.
    Dash also MDF so binned along with the TC instruments that were in poor condition. At least now I can see the state of the wiring. I think rats nest is an apt description !

Paul h

Comment

Working...
    X