Back on the Road Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the Road Again

I'm sure there's a song there somewhere?
    MOT passed, Insurance arranged, Road Tax paid, than it started raining!

After many years I’m back on the road.
    Pity the weather turned, still a try out run revealed some problems.
    Fuel Gauge doesn’t work, I’d put this down to low fuel but having filled up it still doesn’t work, more crawling about under the instrument panel.
    Secondly I have a slight water leak, looks like the bottom radiator hose, as it was a stock Ford Cortina part it should be easy to find a replacement, or will it??

Re: Back on the Road Again

I took so long building my Marlin (8 years) the fuel gauge did not work when I put it on the road. The cause was the sender had seized up - so much so that the only solution was to buy a new sender!

Originally posted by david.hunt1952 View Post
    I'm sure there's a song there somewhere?
    MOT passed, Insurance arranged, Road Tax paid, than it started raining!

After many years I’m back on the road.
    Pity the weather turned, still a try out run revealed some problems.
    Fuel Gauge doesn’t work, I’d put this down to low fuel but having filled up it still doesn’t work, more crawling about under the instrument panel.
    Secondly I have a slight water leak, looks like the bottom radiator hose, as it was a stock Ford Cortina part it should be easy to find a replacement, or will it??

Comment

Re: Back on the Road Again

Hi David,
      A couple of thoughts for you.
      First a bad earth can give an individual gauge no reading.
      Secondly I have experienced a couple of times the fuse holders wearing through the metal on the continental type fuses that Berli's often have. This can result in occasional or total loss of electrics to that circuit. It's weird getting different readings on a multimeter until one gently probes around the metal of the fuse to find a break where the holder bears on the fuse.
      Just a thought, good luck
      Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X