Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CosworthV6 New home.

Hi Marlin peeps .
    After much deliberation I finally bought a Marlin.One known to most of you on here I'm sure.
    I have built several kit cars in the past but years ago ,a Moss and a Ford Spartan back in the eighties.
    I always wanted a Marlin but as always children and work intervene .
    -As with most kit cars finding a good one that suites your own taste is not easy as all are made to the individuals taste and some are just plane rubbish as we see on eBay every day.
    It does seem strange that even kit cars are now classics in there own right and as they are no longer produced or produced in such small numbers (7s and Cobras excluded) that the good ones owned by enthusiasts should be around for a long time to come.

The colour and quality of this the car attracted me some months ago but it was well over priced .
    I eventually bought it and have set about getting it driving as good as it looks .
    The company who sold the car turned it out very poorly.
    I had a very eventful 3 hour drive home.
    1.Tyre pressures 12.15.17.14.
    2.Heater stuck on hot !,!!Windows open all the way
    3.Seats wobbly and insecure due to the tilt mechanism.
    4.Gear lever massive play so difficult to find gears for the first few miles.
    5.The noisiest fuel pump I have ever heard.(failed within a few days)
    But I made it home and spent the next few days taking stock of what I had wanted for so long.

I drove down to Stonleigh with some Westfield friends but found I couldn't corner well enough to keep up because of the soft suspension and sofa like seats .One Marlin amongst 100s of Westys, !!! But I did have a sneaky look around the Impressive number of Marlins.

Now I need to get it driving how I think it should .Its too soft on the rear ,the seats have no support and need to be fixed or replaced,gear linkage repaired ,quieter fuel pump to replace the failed one .Heater fix was easy so now it's cool. Full service no idea how long the oils have been in there.

No matter how good your car is there is always a list of things you want to up grade or change ,but that's what kit cars are all about .
    Hope to make the next Derbyshire meet.
    Peter.

Re: CosworthV6 New home.

Welcome Peter

Good luck with the fettling, see you in Derbys

DC

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you. We get to Sheldon about 12 noon. regards
      Liz

Comment

Good news!!!! The Marlin should be ready to pick up tomorrow ,gear change repaired and fitted with Burton power quick shift and quiet fuel pump.
        I had forgotten what it looks like.
        Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X