Parts Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Available

Just seeing 'Davetrials' offer of Marlin specific parts he has available, I wonder if it would be useful to have a specific section in the Forum headed, not surprisingly, "Marlin Parts Available" where members could list items that they do not particularly want to sell but would be prepared to make them available to anyone in need.

For myself, I have a set of SWB Cabrio wings, front and back. I do not positively want to sell them, but if anyone ever is in need I would willingly let them go. I suspect they could also be extended to suit a LWB if the need arose.

Of course it could be argued this could be dealt with under "For Sale", but I feel there are probably plenty of other members in a similar position to me who are carrying spare Marlin parts for insurance and holding them "just in case...." and have no immediate desire to sell them?
    Also the argument put forward against the Club holding Marlin spares is that there are plenty of members who already have spares that would make them available if necessary. Perhaps having a formal list would flush out the real situation?

Any views anyone?

Is it worth setting up a directory of "Marlin Parts Available for those in need"?

If "Yes", then I'm happy to add my Cabrio wings to start the ball rolling..........

Re: Parts Available

a good idea Mike - I can set it up quite quickly to see how it goes. members only? Classified area? Where would it go?
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 17-06-14, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Brilliant idea Mike.
      I have a used propshaft for my Roadster to give away. One careful owner, (before me!), in need of slight attention!!!
      Gareth.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
        a good idea Mike - I can set it up quite quickly to see how it goes. members only? Classified area? Where would it go?

Since the purpose is only to make the parts available to an owner in difficulty/need, it seems sensible to make it members only: there have to be some benefits deriving from membership, and this is an obvious one?

Other views?

Comment

I agree. I have a complete set of fibre-glass parts for the SWB Cabrio as well as 2 inner front wings. Anyone can borrow them to take a mould from them.

Comment

this thread is members only

Comment

Working...
            X