Noisy Fuel Pump !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Fuel Pump !!!!!

I have a Fuel injected car(ford V6) Cabrio with high and low pressure fuel pump.The low pressure pump is very noisy and has now failed.

The replacement pump has turned out to be just as noisy and is located on rubber just in front of the Fuel tank on the drivers side..
    Anyone any ideas on how to make it quieter or another type of pump that wont drive me mad.
    Thanks Peter.

Re: Noisy Fuel Pump !!!!!

What type and make of pump is it? I have a Facet red top low pressure pump, and I can't hear it at all... It's mounted on rubber bobbins to soak up vibration - and IIRC, orientation is key (the outlet needs to be higher than the inlet).

Comment

Thanks will take note of that the old pump was the same not sure what has been fitted now but will make sure that in put, out put is set up correctly.

Comment

I have a Sytec pump (HP) which is noisey. Sent it back complaining that it was not satisfactory.
        Sytec claim to have tested it , and returned it as being "normal" - they could not hear it from 2m away.
        Odd really...... I can hear it when sat in the drivers seat........ with my engine running!

(-and it is mounted in their special frame and very thick rubber insulating mounting kit.)

Not happy!

Comment

Which is weird - as my high pressure pump is also a sytec, and it doesn't appear to make much noise (if any) at all... And mine is mounted in a diy, Jason special bracket.

There are only three points of contact on the body of the pump - the two edges of the box section and the retaining hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by greatoldone View Post
            Which is weird - as my high pressure pump is also a sytec, and it doesn't appear to make much noise (if any) at all... And mine is mounted in a diy, Jason special bracket.

There are only three points of contact on the body of the pump - the two edges of the box section and the retaining hoop.

Cheers Jason

This just confirms my view that I have a noisey pump, and Sytec are not being as honest as they should be........

Mike

Comment

Things I learnt from the interwebs - Sytec pumps are actually made by Walbro... Sytec just repackage them, as they seem to just make filters, couplings and pressure regulators.

Have you tried changing the orientation of the pump? Whilst (IIRC) they're supposed to be 'orientation free', maybe some experiments with it hanging like mine might be worth while to see if it quietens it down any?

Comment

The pump fitted is not the same ,it looks like the high pressure one .Will try to change the position see if that helps.
                May have to find a way of insulating the floor and pump .

Comment

Boot floor and floor behind the seats insulated which has helped reduce the noise .just the pump to do now but Out of action with a bad knee .

Comment

Working...
                  X