Photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo's

This might sound daft to some of you but I'm sure the system for uploading photos has changed since I last uploaded several, and I have not a clue how it's done now ?? -- HELP.

Re: Photo's

First make sure you can see the icons at the top of the post box like this...cpature1.PNG

then click the small square with a tree in it and this will open the uploader. System hasn't changed but you may have turned off the icons inadvertently when upgrading a browser or similar - if they are not there then click Go Advanced at he bottom Capture.PNG

and they should appear. If they don't then you need to go to your profile and make sure the editor is allowing you to...Capture3.PNG

by selecting it from the list of options (almost the last one). Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
      First make sure you can see the icons at the top of the post box like this...[ATTACH]4984[/ATTACH]

then click the small square with a tree in it and this will open the uploader. System hasn't changed but you may have turned off the icons inadvertently when upgrading a browser or similar - if they are not there then click Go Advanced at he bottom [ATTACH]4985[/ATTACH]

and they should appear. If they don't then you need to go to your profile and make sure the editor is allowing you to...[ATTACH]4986[/ATTACH]

by selecting it from the list of options (almost the last one). Hope this helps
      Afternoon Cameron, thank's for your reply, unfortunately I'm not making any headway with the photo's, I'm missing a trick somewhere, I have all the icons, and I've clicked on the tree box, I click "upload photos", then click "add files" then click " select files" my photos then appear I then select a photo from my personal album and the photo file appears in the file box, but from that point on, nowt seems to work, I must admit, I find it a little frustrating as I send photos via the internet all over the place at work and home, but as I said, I must be missing something ??

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Afternoon Cameron, thank's for your reply, unfortunately I'm not making any headway with the photo's, I'm missing a trick somewhere, I have all the icons, and I've clicked on the tree box, I click "upload photos", then click "add files" then click " select files" my photos then appear I then select a photo from my personal album and the photo file appears in the file box, but from that point on, nowt seems to work, I must admit, I find it a little frustrating as I send photos via the internet all over the place at work and home, but as I said, I must be missing something ??
        I have just uploaded three pics in another post. They were each around 2mb and took some time (several minutes to upload) the progress bar moving very slowly, but they got there.

I am slightly confused by your description above, "upload file(s)" should be the last step.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Steve, I had another crack at the photo uploader, I think I'm getting closer to a result as I used the "basic uploader" today, and tried just one photo, the time icon was revolving for about 3 min the a box popped up telling me that the upload failed bah humbug! I'm not the most patient person with computers, they either work and do as I require or they get switched off, hehe.

Comment

Just tried the same basic uploader with a 1MB file. It still took a little time. I wonder if there is a size limit, and you have simply exceeded it. Will have to wait for Cameron to respond as that will be set as a forum default.
            I tried, but I understand your frustration.
            Attached Files
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Morning Steve and everyone else.
              I think you are correct Steve, my last set of photos were measured in KB, but for some reason this set of photos are measured in MB, the last photo I tried to upload failed and it was 6.3 MB, why I don't know as it's the same camera etc ??

Comment

Hi Guys, yes the server limit is 5Mb but pics of that size are going to take ages to load in either direction. There are some exceptions which allow bigger docs/images but for the sake of argument 5Mb is the limit. Ideally any picture should only be 200 - 300Kb. The problem is that digital cameras use a resolution of 300dpi (so they print out nicely) and the larger-scale websites have software which automatically resizes. Our site will resize to a degree but its not brilliant. What we need to do is change the resolution of pictures to 72dpi (its what your screen displays so online pics dont need any more). Changing a pic from 300 to 72dpi reduces its size from 4Mb to 400Kb (roughly) without any loss in detail on a screen. Macs tend to go for 90dpi iirc.
                there are many ways of resizing images but if anyone wants specific details let me know and I will sort you out

Comment

Hi,
                  This is the one that I've found the easiest to use

You just rt. click, choose size you want and save. Simples!

Comment

Working...
                  X