Up for it again this afternoon !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up for it again this afternoon !

I was well up for it this afternoon, so three hours later what have I done, I sprayed the bare metal ( And some paint) areas of the Marlin body with an "all singing and dancing" high build primer, it looked good but 10 minutes later it was rubbish, it had reacted with something it should not have, so I left that to dry. Then I attacked my new / old engine, whipped the head off it to take a look if it was half as good as I thought it might be and err - it was half as good, the upside was that the head and valves are fine, just needed a clean up, and the piston to wall gap is about 12 - 15 thou, not too bad and far better than the old engine at 25 thou, it seems that someone has fitted a new set of pistons and rings etc some time in the past, the down side is that they never had the engine re-bored and there is quite a noticeable bit of wear at the top end. ( My best guess at what went on ! ) So I gave the head a good clean and a new paint job, then the same for the block, I also fitted the blanking plate from my old 18v engine to the 18 GB engine, both old "Heat sinks" were broken so I cut down the old set screws 7/16 unf ? and used them to fit the plate, one Badgers Firsty Ferret and a bag of chips later I finished off painting then had a nice shower --- It's been a long day !
Working...
X