Rebuilding / part rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding / part rebuilding

After painting various components I started to bolt it ( Engine) back together, nice new head gasket, then bolted the head up, torqued to 50 lbs, fitted my best water pump (Very good condition) from the Marina, using the Marina pulley as the Mg pulley does not fit the Marina water pump, Checked the head bolts once again then adjusted the tappets to 13 thou, I had a pile of trouble with two that had been well over tightened, but sorted it, then fitted my old Alloy MGB rocker box cover using a new gasket for that too. I then refitted the timing gear and fitted a new chain too. I then removed the old Spigot bearing as it was damaged and fitted a new bearing, then fitted the new clutch unit. I mated up the MGB gear box with the engine making sure the clutch was a tad loose so I could align them up, then removed the gearbox, tightened up the clutch unit, then refitted the gear box ( I did have a little trouble with the new thrust / release bearing as it was too tight to fit the fork with the retaining clips fitted so some adjustment was made using my trusty grinder) Later on I will fit the new clutch slave cylinder and rod, along with my freshly cleaned and painted starter motor. I also had another crack at the primer that kept reacting, it seems to react with the old undercoat and not the top coat, so it's back to "Start" with the painting.
    Last edited by Harry; 06-07-14, 07:10 AM.
Working...
X