Started painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started painting

Hi all, I 've been up to all sorts over the last few days, I received my UNF - UNC nut's, bolts and sets from Ebay, so I have finally replaced the odd or missing bolts between the engine and gear box, attached the steering rack to the remaining wheel ( lock nut missing) and bolted the carbs to the manifold. I tried my damnedest to use the original MGB carburetor linkage, but after butchering the heat shield, I decided it is impossible without using the original MGB heat sink blocks ( These would push the carbs out too far) so I have reverted to the home made ( Altered) linkage that came with the Marlin, ( Not too happy with it though ) I then discovered my 12 month old thermostat housing had a crack running across it ( Cheap replacement part from Ebay - £7.00 ) so I've sent for a second hand original part. I then fabricated some gearbox cross member extensions at 8" long each and welded them in place, then bolted the cross member to it, the MGB gear box is far larger than the old Marina box and needs a decent support. Today I finally sprayed the body and separate panels with Uniblock, It was frustrating to say the least, it's been about 30 since I last used a paint sprayer as part of my job, it took quite a while to get the spray gun to work reasonably well, by then I'd sprayed everything I wanted to, a bit rough in places but not many runs to sand back, I must say the the Uniblock dries very hard, and now everything is in uniform Grey, it certainly shows all the faults to be corrected -- More rubbing down eh ??
Working...
X