Took Millie to the Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took Millie to the Dump

I finally took Millie to the dump, oops I mean Civic Amenity Site, to get her weighed. She weighs 1120 Kg with me inside and the trunk on the back. Rear 680Kg Front 440Kg. I guess that the weighbridge rounds to the nearest 10Kg. A roughly 60%/40% Rear/Front distribution. Some web sites declare this to be ideal for a rear wheel drive car. If only I drove her hard!
    Paul

Re: Took Millie to the Dump

That seems a lot. Had you got a full tank too? regards Liz

Comment

Re: Took Millie to the Dump

Originally posted by millie_marlin View Post
      I finally took Millie to the dump, oops I mean Civic Amenity Site, to get her weighed. She weighs 1120 Kg with me inside and the trunk on the back. Rear 680Kg Front 440Kg. I guess that the weighbridge rounds to the nearest 10Kg. A roughly 60%/40% Rear/Front distribution. Some web sites declare this to be ideal for a rear wheel drive car. If only I drove her hard!
      Paul
      Hi Paul

I loved your article in Pitstop - the dry comment:
      ".........here are the 10 main problems I had changing to Zetec"
      - really made me chuckle!
      I'm sure it was worth it......?

Your title was misleading though - A Brazilian? - for an engine change?
      - I thought it was going to be down to the way you had trimmed it!!!!!!

Ref weight, my Cabrio with the steel blocked BMW straight 6 weighed in at 960kg on the DVLA's weighbridge, including a full tank, but without spare wheel and hood/frame - they then add a nominal 70kg for a driver and declare the cars weight at 1,030kg (with me in it more like 1050kg!). So even adding 20kg for spare and hood it only gets to 1,070kg.

- Paul's trunk, and or engine, must be heavy?!

Comment

Working...
      X