Replacement Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Seats

Does anyone have any opinions good or bad on replacement seats for my LWB Roadster I have seats that were taken from a 1978 Citroen estate back in 1992 when I built the car and as I frequently take the car abroad I want some comfort

Re: Replacement Seats

See earlier comments by Stefan Carlton and others back in March,personally I always found the marlin buckets comfortable but I border on the slim side

Comment

I've a vague recollection from the distant past (possibly in PitStop) to the effect that the seats from the baby Susuki Wagon / Bedford Rascal were narrow enough to fit the Roadster and were quite comfortable + they had rake adjustment. Maybe somebody else can add to this. Whatever, be careful when choosing from the current seats on the market (definitely do a bum test at a show) as most of the slim seats have a tubular support frame connecting the back to the base and unless you are as slim as a racing snake, they WILL get your hip bones. Some of the LSIS seats in |Demon Tweeks and Europa catalogues look quite good and I recall seeing them in other Roadsters.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
        Hi Guys

I think the Bedford Rascal seats would be too wide. They fit the Berli snugly.

Merry Christmas, I'm off out now.....

Cheers!

Comment

I made my own for my roadster. I wanted to take advantage of the full width that was available but wanted excellent suport and comfort. I'm still tweaking them but they are by far and away the most comfortable seats I've tried. Head rests too. Mostly scrap yard engineering but that really keeps the cost down. If you want more info let me know.

Comment

If its comfort you want you should have kept the Citroen
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben, I also wanted reliability!!!
              Ian

Comment

Working...
              X