Started the starting of the rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the starting of the rebuild

My Marlin has been in storage for 3 years and time has come to start the refresh and rebuild. So in preparation we went to the storage unit to try starting her......after a new battery, electronic ignition module, coil, dizzy cap, rotor arm and leads she fired into life. Next weekend is the recovery back home. In the mean time it's spares buying and hunting.

Background:
    The marlin roadster lwb was built by me and my step father 26 years ago then sold around 15 years ago. Tracked down 3 years ago and bought back by myself. The car is rosso red and running a stage 2 mini sport prepared ford 1.6 crossflow mated to type 9 5 speed box in the marina base kit.

Current condition: mechanically good (the odd age relayed leak and rubber bush perishing) electrically everything still works fine, interior is still very good as is the engine cover, surrounds and inner wings. Outer wings have stress cracking and dash/rear tub/doors need repainting. Most chrome parts will be refurbished or replaced. Brakes are fine but wheels will be redone or replaced (contemplating 15" minilite solvers with polished rims). Nose cone has some stress cracking and will need a little work. Chassis is in near perfect condition.

Re: Started the starting of the rebuild

Good Luck.

Keep us all informed.

Some pictures would be good.

Adrian

Comment

Re: Started the starting of the rebuild

Will get some photos up as things progress. Loads of parts turning up at the moment :-) good job the wife is understanding....

Comment

Working...
      X