This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep and Share

I have just tried to get onto Keep and Share to find that you only get 30 days free and then it will cost you $9 per month to keep it going.

A lot of good information is on there about Marlins and now has the potential of being inaccessible.

If you are looking to keep information pertaining to Marlins, my advise would be to store it FREE on this web site where it can be accessed by all in the club.

Unfortunately not everything is as it appears.

Adrian

Re: Keep and Share

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
    I have just tried to get onto Keep and Share to find that you only get 30 days free and then it will cost you $9 per month to keep it going.

A lot of good information is on there about Marlins and now has the potential of being inaccessible.

If you are looking to keep information pertaining to Marlins, my advise would be to store it FREE on this web site where it can be accessed by all in the club.

Unfortunately not everything is as it appears.

Adrian
    Firstly, thanks for highlighting that there is a lot of good information on keepandshare about Marlins.

But.

I am afraid you are mistaken, access to my archived documents is free. Registration to keepandshare.com is free to view documents stored there. There is only a cost involved if you want to share your own documents. You would know this from your first document download on 17 May 2013 when you registered with keepandshare and downloaded my DVLA document header page for free.

Keepandshare closes registrations if the account is inactive for one year, sadly Adrian your last access that I am aware of was on 9 Aug 2013 when you downloaded my article on Marina/Ital rear axles.

I believe that keepandshare send reminder emails to registered users as the expiry date gets close, one download is enough to keep your account open, free. Either you have chosen to ignore these emails or they have found there way into your spam box. Either way it is system generated emails, out of my control.

So far this month 258 copies of my documents have been downloaded, nearly 5000 since Dec 2011 when I uploaded the first document.Please get your facts straight, before making unfounded and incorrect statements in a cynical manner designed to drive people away from what you called 'a lot of good information.'

Strangely I have checked and you are still on my friend list so if you had a current keepandshare account you could view my documents for free as dozens of Marina Marlins and Morris Marina owners have and will continue to do so.

The most recent documents I have updated are of interest to both Marina Roadster owners and Morris Marina owners. Currently the MOC stores it's documents in a Members Only area so they are not available to the Morris Marina community.Publishing on keepandshare allows me to satisfy both groups. If I make edits or add extra documents, both groups are notified simultaneously.

I can show you where the library is, but I cannot force you to enter and read a book, but those who do, will leave with more information than when they entered.
    How can that be a bad thing?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Sorry to disagree, first you have to set up an account then you log in, and you get 30 days free (although mine now says 15Days).

Then we have to become a freind of yours, before you then let us share the documents.

I have logged in this morning to this page:

doc1.jpg

Then after that 30 days you are invited to upgrade as below

doc1.jpg

Now I have looked around but I can't see anything saying its for free after that.

I am more than happy to be convinced otherwise.

Adrian

Comment

Or you could try clicking on the bottom option on https://www.keepandshare.com/busines...w%20for%20Free where it says I just want a free Basic account, not a free trial of Keep&Share's premium features

or go direct to https://www.keepandshare.com/busines...php?form=email where you get the option to try the Premium account, again, which obviously you don't want.

The above choices give you a FREE Basic account and then an option give you the chance to try the Premium account.

You will know that access to my archive is FREE as you have already used it, for FREE, as have many other people.

Thankyou for prompting me to investigate, I use keepandshare regularly, as do many others who have viewed my archive, for FREE, so I never look at the 'Registration pages' myself. I will endeavour to make the FREE registration page clearer for future users.

Now I want to get on with my life and to continue to improve my archive, that in your words contains "a lot of good information about Marlins".

If you have any further problems with the FREE service from Keepandshare please have a look at their support pages or email them using this link

MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

I have just noticed your keepandshare username in your screen shot.

This is not the username you used to register with keepandshare back in May 2013.

Back then, your initial username, would have been the one that I accepted as a friend, the one you used to access several of my documents.

If for your original account, you have forgotten your login details, or it was closed by keepandshare, or you have changed your username, or you have created a new account with keepandshare, that would explain why you cannot access my archive!
          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Steve Thanks for pointing that out, but I couldn't use the same account as it would not let me and therefore I had to set up another.

I have requested a freind request to you on under my new user name.

Regards

Adrian

Comment

If you had tried to login to keepandshare with your original account and password, and your account had been closed by keepandshare, you would have seen the following text

'*******' is a closed account. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

If you typed in the wrong username or password you would see a message like this
              Login problems usually come from small typos on the account name or password.

Try again, taking particular care:

• Make sure your account name is correct (you typed in "freddiw").
              • Passwords ARE case-sensitive, so make sure you have the capitalization of your password exactly correct.
              • Make sure your Caps-lock key is off.
              • Do not confuse characters such as the digit "1" and the lowercase letter "L", or the digit "0" and the capital letter "O".

If you failed to follow instructions, and went your own way to circumnavigate a problem and found yourself with an unacceptable option, that is not my or Keepandshare's issue to resolve.

I have no influence with Keepandshare over how others manage their accounts, usernames, passwords etc. I can only give access to users who want to view my archive.

I presume that your new account with keepandshare is a FREE one.

Please see my PM that I will send shortly.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Can I remind you both that this is a Marlin Club website.

Comment

Working...
                X