Kit car shows ( or the lack of )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit car shows ( or the lack of )

Is it me or pure coincidence that both new venues for shows this year that are within 50miles of me,which we had planned to go to, have both been cancelled ???
    The first being Kit fest at Castle Combe. And the latest that has been flagged up is the South west show this year at Malvern in October is now been flagged Cancelled.
    What's going on? See you the weekend on the Marches rally. Can't wait.

CONFUSED.COM.

See you all at Stoneleigh next May

Alan & Margaret.

Re: Kit car shows ( or the lack of )

It does seem like kitcar shows are a thing of the past! Its a shame as the kitcar thing has been an intrinsic part of British motoring history for over thirty years, starting with specials and one-offs and then going into small scale production. I think we will see many more combined shows (like at Tatton - where the moc came 6th out of 87 car club displays) showing off a collection of classics, british, american etc. The show scene hasnt gone away - its just evolved and we as a club need to keep abreast of whats what so we can continue to show-off our lovely cars to the public.

Comment

Thanks for tyhe info, I have deleted the entry from the forum calendar. Who s going to tell the Pitstop Editor?
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Bank holiday Monday is the Thorsby hall Nottinghamshire classic car and Mini show .I will be there with the Marlin .On a good sunny day there can be as many as 1000 cars of all kinds .

Comment

Originally posted by Motormouse67 View Post
          Bank holiday Monday is the Thorsby hall Nottinghamshire classic car and Mini show .I will be there with the Marlin .On a good sunny day there can be as many as 1000 cars of all kinds .
          Peter

Do you have any details? - I've just looked it up and only found the one that was held on May Bank Holiday?

EDIT
          Now found the event on Thoresby Hall's own site - they have two shows per year!
          That's bucking the trend!

Thanks for highlighting this - I may try to get over to it, now that I have a hood!

Mike
          Last edited by Mike; 22-08-14, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hope to see you there if the weather is behaving its self,there are always a lot of Minis having there own meet and games mostly young people. Classic car owners of the Future?

Comment

Just my opinion of course !.

I think it's EU legislation that has all but killed the Kit Car industry, not all of it bad though i have to say.
              Lack of suitable donors is also an issue.

The Classic Car scene is growing though. But I'm sure the EU will kill that as well ultimately.

Neil (ex Marlin owner).

Comment

Looks like we are going to get very wet today.
                The weather may reduce the number of cars by half.
                Marvin the Marlin is in for a bath today. Could be muddy on the field too.

Comment

Anyone going to Donnington next weekend?

Comment

Both Dave Cunnington and myself will be there

Comment

I intend to go, probably on the Saturday, but will decide based on the weather forecast on Friday.
                      Is Saturday usually the better attended day?

Comment

Good question, I'm thinking Saturday too. Just sorting out a box of bits taken off during the strip down so I can find some replacements (door handles, Tenax clips, grease nipples, piping trim, aerial etc).

Comment

image.jpg Poor turnout at Thorseby Hall due to the weather..

Comment

Hope to be at Donnington on Saturday ,looking forward to some Sunshine.
                            Marvin will need a good clean after today.

Comment

The kit car market has been in decline for a few years, many have moved to Track Day cars, trailered to track days.
                              The current Global Weirding weather does not help, showers have turned to downpours, and in the current financial climate, not many organisers can take the financial hit from random weather. Some have been lucky this year, but finances need a lot more than luck and the recent inconsistent unpredictable weather has a major impact.
                              TBH I am surprised that Grosvenor and Stoneleigh are still going, clearly Grosvenor are more interested in Quilting than Kit Cars.

The future is with Kit Car owners and Clubs. We must adapt to meet the changing challenges. Where will the AGM be held?
                              MOC member since 05/97
                              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                              X