Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWB Roadster tonneau cover

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a tonneau cover for a SWB roadster?

Thanks

Andy
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: SWB Roadster tonneau cover

Hi Andy,
    I have recently had a new hood and tonneau cover made for my SWB Roadster. The old ones were getting rather worn (27yrs old). If you don't have any luck finding a replacement I would be more than happy to send you the old one to use as a pattern. It is made from double duck material and it fitted like a glove. It is all one piece and stretches over the steering wheel.
    Regards,
    Chris

Comment

Mine isn't needed so suppose I could sell. Virtually unused / perfect condition. Make me an offer ?

Comment

Take care with a tonneau cover if you have non standard seats or headrests that are above cockpit rim height, pockets will be needed to accommodate them. The same will apply to the steering wheel if it is larger.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Andy,
          One thing about a tonneau cover that has already been used is that the fasteners may not be in the right position for your car, that is of course if the fasteners have already been fitted. Not a problem if you are starting with a clean cockpit surround. Just a thought!
          Chris

Comment

That's a good point Chris. I already have the fasteners in place for the hood so the chances of it fitting without rework would be small.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
            X