Sprite engine and box roughly in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprite engine and box roughly in place

Today decided to lift the Roadster with engine crane and roll the trolley with the 1275 Sprite engine & box into position.
    The original Sprite prop with rear flange swopped for a Marina item (UJ's seem to be the same) is exactly the right length.
    Sprite engine mounts are on the front plate rather than on the block as in the Marina version of the A Series. That means I can use the Mini LCB tubular manifold I got off eBay for 99p . Looks like the front plate lines up perfectly with the B Series mounts on the chassis so have ordered some new Sprite rubbers so I adapt the Spridget towers to fit the Marlin chassis holes.
    Plan is to use as many standard "off the shelf" parts as possible and therefore intend using Sprite bits wherever possible for the engine & box transplant.
    Tomorrow, if I feel well enough, I'm going to try the Sprite rad for fit in the Marlin nose cone and that will determine the engine height in the chassis as again I want to try and use standard hoses - even if they need cutting and pieces of pipe added to account for additional distance of engine to rad. Rough placement shows full sized cooling fan on waterpump should fit which is a bonus even though I have an electric item to fit - KIS (keep it simple) is the way I want to go.
    Paul H
Working...
X