Hello everybody from York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody from York

Hi everyone, just a quick hello to introduce myself, my name is Steve Himsworth some of you will already know me from my days of running YKC in Elvington for 20 odd years. I have decided to rejoin the club as I have just bought back one of my old cars , a Roadster sierra based with a 2.0 ohc. It is in generally good order but has been stood for a few years so needs all the usual bits of attention.
    It is my intention to move to France next year and I will keep you all informed as we would love to organise a visit for club members to our place in Jugon les Lacs Brittany when we are a bit more organised.
    If anybody has any technical questions they want to ask please feel free, I may be able to remember some stuff, lol.

Best Regards
    Steve Himsworth

Re: Hello everybody from York

welcome aboard Steve -ts good to have you here
    I have a fair collection of photos taken by Don Burt which Im going to take over to Dave Cunnington the next time I see him - if you have anything of interest please let me know?

Meanwhile...any interesting tales of the days at YKC would be marvellous to hear

Comment

Welcome back Steve, I remember many hours at Elvington picking your brains on various aspects of the build. I still own the vehicle although its had a number of changes and modifications done over the years, notably a V8 transplant, anyway all the best for the future,
      PS brace yourself for the questions!!
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Steve, welcome. Which car have you bought ?

Here are three memory joggers for you - - -I've always wondered about the chassis/reg no of "03 NW"

......and dare I say that anything YKC you have would be useful to copy for the archive

Best Wishes DC
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Dave, 244DVF is the first roadster I ever built and that was when the love affair began, the photo is taken on the bridge between Elvington and Sutton on Derwent.
          I have recently purchased back a sierra Rstr in red and I will try and recreate the photo at some point but with the newer car.
          03 NW was actually 903 NW, it was a set of trade plates that we used, the car is the first production Roadster on a sierra base and I cant remember who bought it. The photo was taken at Harewood hillclimb and that is Don Burts mitsubishi red missile next to it.

Comment

Cheers Steve, look forward to catching up with you sometime - Gainsborough's not a million miles from York

DC

Comment

Hi Cameron, thanks for the welcome, I too have a load of photos from over the years when I get time I will sort and bring them to one of the shows.
              Re tales of days at YKC there are some, will have to put my memory banks to work and come up with a few stories.

Comment

Thank you Mike, I remember your car it was very beautifully put together and always well presented, I look forward to seeing you both in the near future.

Comment

Hi Steve, welcome back. I used to pop in fairly often to Elvington to pick your brains and buy the odd bit. I was working at Leconfield at the time.
                  The Berli wishbones were a great purchase and are still going strong. A couple of years ago there was a lot of interest and I know that one or two members were interested in re-making them. If you have any drawings left around and are prepared to publish them members would really appreciate it.
                  Anyway, my Berli is still going strong. She now has a Vulcan 2.1 Pinto with fuel injection. Also I have fitted the venerable type 9. She did my home to The Lizard, Land's End to John O'Groats this year and onwards to Muckle Flugga. The first 900 miles in a stately 19 hours with no snags at all on the entire 2000 mile trip.
                  Best wishes and hope to see you around the bazaars!
                  Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane , thank you, yes I do remember you, you fly one of those whirlygigs, I may still have the drwgs somewhere for those wishbones i will have a look. It sounds like you have got it fairly well sorted now and obviously still enjoying it. I will no doubt see you at one of the meets in the future. Regards Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X