• Kop Hill Climb

Going tomorrow -Anyone else?

Re: Kop Hill Climb

Sorry mate, love to but I'm getting motted tomorrow

Don't forget your camera

Rgds DC

Comment

Would have liked to have gone but it's my son's 18th so we'll be partying!
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Couldn't go Saturday but went on the spur of the moment this morning. After parking in a farmers field I then found a few Marlins lurking in the something interesting area. Hi to Keith Howell and two other roadsters and I was told a couple more who left earlier. Fantastic event really enjoyed the mix of cars and bikes in the paddock. Thanks for mentioning it.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
          Couldn't go Saturday but went on the spur of the moment this morning. After parking in a farmers field I then found a few Marlins lurking in the something interesting area. Hi to Keith Howell and two other roadsters and I was told a couple more who left earlier. Fantastic event really enjoyed the mix of cars and bikes in the paddock. Thanks for mentioning it.
          I was helping there, saw a roadster and a Cabrio Saturday in the cherished vehicles area and according to one of our other helpers, who is a trials Marlin owner there were four there Sunday.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The Cabrio was mine!

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
              The Cabrio was mine!

Photo's here;

I totally forgot to get any photo's at Kop Hill the other weekend, so here is one of the hill the week before (our 197 in the background) and two Marlins spotted on the Saturday in the Cherished...
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hope to go again next year, how do you get to park in the cherished area??

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                  Hope to go again next year, how do you get to park in the cherished area??
                  Just ask the stewards on the way in and they'll direct you, or just drive up to the gate at the top of the car park paddock near the top grandstand. I think

Some clubs actually organise to meet in the car park or cherished area, for example the Oxford TVR club. Would be good to see some Marlins grouped there, hopefully with me participating.

Comment

Ben
                    I was asked to park there by the Stewards - guess you have to have a 'Tarts car'!!!

Comment

I must admit mine did need a wash and it never looks cherished, used yes polished no !!

Comment

I would say mine looks more abused than cherished! I'm going to have to get the spray gun out. When it was stored in a friends garage something got on the paint and now it has micro-blisters all over it
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Cars seen at Kop Hill. I wonder if the last one was the car that started the ball rolling? I wonder if Paul Moorhouse had had a 2nd choice for styling what the Roadster would have looked like?

Comment

I saw another, Sunday I think, green with white steel spoked wheels. Didn't have time to get a photo.

Comment

Working...
                            X