Fitting the panels back to the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting the panels back to the car

Morning everyone, I'm up early as I cannot sleep, I'm off for a week and I had a line up of jobs to do and places to go, but unfortunately my back has decided to play up so all plans are scuppered, but as far as the Marlin goes I did a bit of body work before my back stopped me, I cut back and polished the paintwork on the engine side panels and inner wings and they are quite good too, I had been doing this work by hand as I found the power tools too severe and unless I nailed each panel to my work bench they were in danger of flying off as I applied the pad, I have also done the same work to the rear of the car, it just needs one more cutting back and a polish. I had bought a sponge type ( White grade ) to try on the heavier running board, but I made a right mess of the job, I applied the cutting compound and almost as soon as I touched the panel, the pad had gone through the paint ( Not impressed, but partly down to rushing the job due to my back ! ) I'm trying to use the power tools to save time and work ( Also my back ) but it's turning into a "job creation" scheme ! I've also received my grill mesh from ebay, so I can make a start on that too soon, I've also sent for a variable speed grinder to attach my cutting and polishing pads to, as I've not totally given up on the power tool work, but I'm thinking I might be doing it all by hand. The panels are too light when off the vehicle and too awkward when fitted too the vehicle, but it's coming along.
Working...
X