Tax Exempt Marlin Trials car For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Exempt Marlin Trials car For Sale

On eBay, not for me but someone may be interested.

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Tax Exempt Marlin Trials car For Sale

Was for sale at £3500 according to the sheet on the passenger seat.
    Would it pass an MOT? I cant read the date on the Tax disc!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      I cant read the date on the Tax disc!
      Tas disk expired last month, 09 '14, so presumably MOT's OK.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I'm sure I know that car. Reminds me very much of a Marlin that was modded by a student of mine back in the day when I was a school teacher - around '95

Comment

I have been in contact with the guy selling (or rather not as it didnt make its reserve) and I was right, he was a student of mine back in the 90s! I recognised the boot box he made as a CDT project for his A level course. I do know he is open to offers but needs £2500 out of it. He also races cars in the VSSC series so has several nice old vehicles around but needs to prune his collection a bit. Based near Chester (Northop) if anyone wants his details?

Comment

Working...
          X