Marlin 8 my back 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin 8 my back 2.

I've not done much on the Marlin over the last month, my back was seen off again by the rubbing down and spraying, so I've left everything alone. The last job I did was to referb the old glass fiber headlights, I was going to buy some nice stainless lights but at £200 I kicked that idea into touch, anyhow, after a rub down, undercoating and respray in black they look quite well and suit the Asbo Orange body, I fitted them onto a nice new stainless light bar I bought from ebay ( From a Marlin owner too ) So today I finished wiring up all the lights, just the interior to do now, I may make a new dashboard this winter ?? One can really appreciate how cheap these old cars are to keep on the road ( Bar the odd rebuild) when you get a £1850.00 bill for work on a Mondeo diesel = new Dual mass flywheel and clutch unit plus four new injectors ! It would have cost £2400 + at a Ford garage .

Re: Marlin 8 my back 2.

Crikey Harry thought you had an estimate for £600 for the clutch I have just bought aload of stuff for the triumph engine and gearbox including all oil seals & gaskets inc. new g.box and engine mountings from Paddock in Chester £ 58 inc. VAT. So know what you mean about old cars. Anyway hope your back improves in the near future Best Wishes Dave.
    Last edited by d mulcahy; 26-10-14, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave, my back's getting better, I've been fitting the carpets to the interior tonight, just an hour after work is enough for now. Yeah, the clutch slave cylinder and thrust bearing are one unit on the Mondeo, the bearing had fallen apart so while the box was off the whole clutch unit might as well be replaced = £ 675 and that is a good price £ 1400 + at a ford main agent.

Comment

Not a bad price. My Pajero (Shogun) clutch went and it turned out to be a worn out Dual mass Flywheel. This would have cost £700 for the bit alone! I found out that the Shogun does not have the DMF and so fitted a Shogun flywheel and clutch The whole job cost me £1600 at a local garage. It is a pain removing the incredibly heavy gear box and transfer unit which made it very labour intensive. It has run for three years now without a problem.
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
        X