Lots of spares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of spares?

I've had (and still having!)a lot of help and advice from club members in my search for a car. I am now in a position to be able to offer some help. Currently on e-bay (search for'4603542174')is a 'complete', unstarted kit. This reached it's reserve and sold for ?721 a few days ago, however the buyer has pulled out as it was not as described (he travelled 200 miles to see it). I live near Plymouth and will go and see it if anyone would like me to. Is it worth buying as spares?

Re: Lots of spares?

Message originally posted by: Chris Day
    I placed the winning bid and travelled a long way with pickup and trailer to collect the 'huge amount of components' and 'the absolute bargain' as the vendor told me. The body parts are chassis are fine. Of the five new wheels only 1 is not badly corroded.There were only 2 tyres. The rest is rusty scrap. It was listed as 99% of a complete vehicle. It was a long way from that. Anyone looking for wings, doors etc may be able to do a deal.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
      Sounds as though it is spares.

Comment

Message originally posted by: toby holland
        i bought this one! it is nearly finished, with BMW 325 engine / gearbox - i need bumpers though! can anyone help?
        toby(at)phautos.co.uk

Comment

Nearly finished?! That's some going, Toby!

I can't help with supplying bumpers, I'm afraid, but would have thought it would be one of the more simpler items to have manufactured - it's basically a 1445mm length of 80x6mm steel strip, scrolled at each end, with the scrolls capped if you want. The rear bump's are 525 long, and gently curved.

It might be worth investigating SVA requirements for bumpers first, just in case there are minimum size/profile/absorption requirements (of course, anything you fit for the test could alsways fall off afterwards...)

From photos, the cabrio bumpers appear to be quite similar, although have a gentle curve, especially towards the ends. I wonder just how SVA compliant original Berli bumpers would be in any case - last week I walked a little too briskly around the front corner of my car and suffered a 2" gash to my lower leg...

I know there are a few owners on here who would be extremely ineterested on how you get on with the SVA test - by all accounts, the Berli won't pass in original form. Can you keep us posted?

Cheers, and very best of luck.

Comment

Message originally posted by: John Hutchinson
            Was this car a Berli based on the MK1V Cortina?If so do you know if the front cross member is available?

Comment

Working...
            X