• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Hunter in Germany

Way out of my budget but a very nice car, nice 6 cylinder sound as well

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Very nice Hunter in Germany

If I am not mistaken, you could have bought this car here (not quite finished, but sprayed and running ) earlier this year for £3000.

Comment

What! A Hunter for £3k... why have i never got spare cash when I need it!

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
        If I am not mistaken, you could have bought this car here (not quite finished, but sprayed and running ) earlier this year for £3000.
        Blimey, I wish I'd spotted it then!
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes it is the car LWB Cabrio 2900 V6 Auto needed a few bits finishing and then of course IVA and reg. Worcs advertised and on ebay, did not sell for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
            Yes it is the car LWB Cabrio 2900 V6 Auto needed a few bits finishing and then of course IVA and reg. Worcs advertised and on ebay, did not sell for a while.
            The advert says €12,000 has been spent on it ....................... could be why there is now some interest in it?

Comment

Have a look at the over spray on the Marlin grill. That is how it left the UK. The car had not been taken apart for painting. Any lwb Cabrio with seats, trim kit, carpet, hood, wheels, stainless exhaust, wiring,suspension parts, lighting, rebuilt engine, box, etc, etc, most purchased from Marlin would be £10,000 or more.

Comment

Hello.

I recognize the signature on the picture. It's the same guy that sold me my new roadster. He's based in Aachen / Aix-la-chapelle (Belgian/German border) and he has a garage full of rare beauties... I went there last week, very impressing. And I guess I know precisely where was taken this very picture

Regards,
                Christophe.

Comment

If the exchange rate continues to improve it could be a good buy in a few months time.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                  X