ouch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ouch!!!

Ouch!!! Ebay 191411032028. Everyone's worst nightmare.

Re: Awww

I was just looking at that, looks like a fuel fire caused by the carbs?
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes I've seen this sort of thing before. I was once overtaken by a Dutton on the A13 only to find it ablaze 10 miles down the road. There is a common fault on the twin choke down draft carbs used with the pinto and crossflow Ford engines where the brass tube used to connect the fuel pipe to the carb works loose and falls out spraying fuel all over the engine bay. I've had this happen once and luckily it didn't catch fire my roadster just spluttered to a halt. This reminds me that the oil pressure cut off switch is a good addition for the electric fuel pump that I've just fitted!
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

PS running with side drafts without air filters is also a bad idea. The air filter also ensures that any spit back through the carbs is contained.....
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Restoration project !!

Anyone need a Winter project.????Restoration.JPGRestoration.2.JPG

Comment

Re: Restoration project !!

Yesterday I had smoke pooring out of rear mine at 45 mph so my passenger informed me so I attempted to pull over. But it ground to a halt befor I had time to.
            Got out rushed to rear with engine running to find smoke billowing out of nearside rear wheel arch.
            Pannick,I told passenger to bail out.
            Smoke deminished engine still running ?, funny! air smells awlful ?.
            INvestigated area found rear wheel red hot.
            I then remembered garage whom fitted tail end gearbox seal said handbrake well oiled due to old leak, so we readjusted slack in handbrake cable for you.That was 10 miles ago.
            Crawled under and reslakened it off. and drove home fine.
            Funny he thought he was doing me a good turn !, not driving me to panic instead!!.

Comment

Working...
            X