Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hi all. Another question!
    What is the advise on fitting servo assisted brakes on a mk1 triumph based car?
    Thanks for all the previous answers to my questions.

Re: Brakes

Dave,
    I toyed with the idea of fitting a servo to my Hybrid Roadster (Triumph front / Marina rear), but after overhauling the herald calipers (with new pistons as well) and fitting EBC green pads I found a servo was not needed. It's quite easy to lock all 4 wheels if I need to, in fact I have changed the rear wheel cyclinders for larger diameter piston types (3 sizes are available) to prevent premature rear wheel lockup.

Comment

I agree with Neil, but another way would be to use GT6 or 2ltr Vitesse uprights hubs and brakes. they have a bigger disc. You could even use the rear brakes aswell. Only draw back is finding good parts at sensible prices.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I fitted a Lockheed remote servo in my early Marina based car, not because I felt the brakes were inadequate but just to reduce the effort required and reduce the stress on the bulhead (though I have fitted a strengthening bracket). Only slight disadvantage is a slightly longer pedal travel. I also use the EBC Greenstuff pads.

Comment

Working...
        X