Out for a short run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for a short run.

Afternoon all, well most of the jobs are sorted for now, just a bit of carpet and the speedo to sort out, it was a very mild day up this way, and not raining either ( First time this month) I started the Marlin up and put her on the drive just to have a proper look at her in what passes for daylight this time of year, well I thought, what the hell eh, take it for a bit of a run, I'm quite pleased with it, just a bit more sorting required, carbs need rebuilding as they are worn and the oil soon disappears, and the tracking needs adjusting, the gearbox and replacement engine are far better than the worn out Marina set up, the car is a fair bit quicker too and sounds better.

Re: Out for a short run.

Title was apt so I'm adding to this thread ! VW CC battery died overnight, discovered as we tried to go out for lunch, so needed and used the Marlin at very short notice.

Somewhat chilly with the roof down, thankfully only a local run

On return had to find out how to get into the CC with no electrics - don't you love modern cars ! Google was my friend and showed how to remove a small cover piece on the
    drivers door handle in order to use the emergency plastic key (which I didn't know existed within the main fob). OK, new battery fitted, fun to watch the car systems all
    waking up and resetting, then a quick test showed the 21 systems on the car all had faults due to the battery rundown.....sorted
    ....then we noticed the front tyres were getting to resemble Dunlop Kojaks........not a cheap day !

DC

Comment

Re: Out for a short run.

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      Afternoon all, well most of the jobs are sorted for now, just a bit of carpet and the speedo to sort out, it was a very mild day up this way, and not raining either ( First time this month) I started the Marlin up and put her on the drive just to have a proper look at her in what passes for daylight this time of year, well I thought, what the hell eh, take it for a bit of a run, I'm quite pleased with it, just a bit more sorting required, carbs need rebuilding as they are worn and the oil soon disappears, and the tracking needs adjusting, the gearbox and replacement engine are far better than the worn out Marina set up, the car is a fair bit quicker too and sounds better.
      I'm envious, just can't wait to got the MOT done... although looking out the window it's just started snowing!
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
      X