Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster chassis 2910

Hello from Pieter Swager,

I am dutch and a new member. I recently bought a SWB Marlin Roadster through e-bay, which is now in Breda. The car has no MOT and surprisingly all paperwork and history is lost. The chassis number is 2910 and is Marina based for whatever that is worth.
    For a Conformity Certificate I need:
    -wheel base
    -overall length
    -overall width
    -weight empty
    -gross weight
    -maximum power (Marina 1.8)
    -administrative power.
    -approx. year of construction.
    Can anybody help me with these data?
    Best greetings to all,
    Pieter Swager
    Attached Files

Re: Marlin Roadster chassis 2910

Basic info here or there

[email protected]
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 15-11-14, 09:53 PM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Pieter

Data for a SWB 1.8 Marina.

Wheelbase 2340mm
      Overall Length 3465mm
      Overall Width 1520mm
      Weight 715kg
      Max Power 72bhp@4750rpm (single carb) 85bhp@5500rpm (twin carb)
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi Pieter - welcome to the club. Some nice features on your car, steering wheel and radiator grille look nice.
        Its not possible to tell when your car was made but I'm sure someone will pop in and tell us. Most in that chassis number range seem to be around the mid 80s. I bet someone on here will know.

Comment

Good Morning Pieter, Welcome to the Marlins owners club , Nice to have another member on this side of the sea , The car looks good ,i have two Marlins one Marina based ,one TRIUMPH based or it will be
          in the future, i live Near KÖLN in Germany . My daughter lives in Papendrecht so i go past your door on my visits to see her ,if i can help with any Marlin problems send me a PM and i will try to help.
          Good louck with the Marlin,
          Hasse

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hello Hasse,
              thanks for your reply! I live in Spain but the Marlin is in a workshop in Breda. Our main problem is to get a Tuv on the car as there is no paperwork with the car, although the car must have been on the road in England at some time. So I try to get as much information as I can.
              greetings, Pieter

Comment

Hello Steve,
                My car also a SWB and apparently delivered in Oktober 1985 (clubs archive). For the Conformity Certificate I need a manufacturer model code and the plate on my car only tells me 001 which of course is a bit stupid. I would like to have it right and my question is can you tell me how it should look like?
                greetings,Pieter.

Comment

Pieter, look at your chassis to find a small plate as per the attached picture.

This is all that Marlin put on the car
                  Attached Files

Comment

The chassis number 2910 is the only identifier that Marlin gave the car, apart from its Model name.
                    Not at all sure what you mean about the "plate on the car" apart from its chassis number.

There was a Marin Vin (Vehicle identification number) Plate available from the MOC vice chairman John Mulvaney you need to contact him for details
                    Last edited by stevejgreen; 23-11-14, 08:31 AM.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

My chassis number printed on my 'log book' is 2916280182 which I take is the Marlin build number and the build date ?? it was registered in August 1982 !!!

Comment

Technically a modern vin plate should have code, not necessarily all numbers, but be 17 characters long. I believe they are not supposed to contain I or O or any special characters.
                        That's if my memory serves. Those who have recently IVA'd might be able to clear that up.
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Thank you Steve, I will do that. As the VIN plate only has stamped 001 I decided to change that to 2S290010R for the Dutch and Spanish MOT.
                          2 stands for Mk2, S for SWB, 2900 or serie 2900, 10 for the Chassis and R for Roadster. Looks better isn't it?
                          MSC will make up the Conformity Certificate as such.
                          greetings,
                          Pieter.

Comment

Working...
                          X