PDA

View Full Version : MOC South West monthly meet

Pages : [1] 2

greyV8pete
20-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I am planning to try and resurrect the South West monthly meets and want to get a feel for what form these could take. As the success of this will depend on what members want I am inviting comments based on the following ideas:

Would you be interested in meeting other members from your general area once a month?

Would you prefer a meet to be at the same place every month or to vary the venue? Remember that the South West region from East Somerset to Lands End in Cornwall is about 250 miles.

How far would you consider to be a reasonable drive to the meet?

Maybe choose two venues, one at each end of the region on alternate months, would give people in those areas effectively a once a month meet? Or even on two different meet dates per month would also allow anyone who wanted a longer drive (or who lived half way between) to have a twice monthly meet if they so wanted to!

Where to meet? Traditionally car clubs tend to meet at a pub for refreshments. Maybe alternatively at a local attraction would also be a possibility e.g. Steam heritage location, Aircraft museum, National Trust property, all suggestions welcome. Depending on likely numbers somewhere with adequate parking and some food seem to be the most important requirements. In the summer months the meets could be varied to coincide with any local car shows.

When to meet? Assuming that not everyone will be retired and that some people work on a Saturday that tends to suggest Sundays would be most popular? Maybe initially we should stay with the 2nd Sunday of the month as in the past and as advertised in Pitstop? That would make the next date Sunday 14th December.

The old venue of the Ley Arms at Kenn near Exeter is now under new management and I have had several good meals there. For carnivores they do plated roast lunches on a Sunday, not a carvery. It can get quite busy there on a Sunday lunchtime and there is limited parking on site. On a personal note it is only 5 miles from where I live so I would prefer a longer drive ;).

So there you have some ideas of mine. Please let me know what you think and if you have any other suggestions. We can then put it on the Forum calendar.

As a final note, if your Marlin is currently being fettled, rebuilt or whatever, you are still allowed to arrive in a modern, so no excuses!

Peter.

davidmartin720
21-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Very nice to hear somebody has "bitten the bullet" re having a "Meet" again in the South West. Yes I would be up for it. Judy and I have been out nearly every weekend this year, sometimes only Sunday, and we often go over Exmoor from Taunton, stopping at the White Horse, Exford for a Sunday Carvery at £8.95 each. We then go on to Lynmouth and return home via Minehead, Watchet and Bridgwater, back to Aller. When we have been at the White Horse, Exford, they have had several different car and motorcycle clubs making Exford their meeting point for a meal etc. Parking this time of the year is not too bad. It would be necessary to book as especially during the summer it becomes very busy. This is just a suggestion.
The Ley Arms used to be a good run for me as it is just over an hours drive from me, I realise how difficult it is to suit everybody, with the large distances involved in the South West. Your suggestion for two different "meets" a month might be a good idea, one in the West and one further East. Also the idea of meeting at NT properties or other events sounds good. David.

Dane_Rescueman
21-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi Pete,
you are a marvel.
I am happy to travel any distance. My only snag in winter is that I have to be back to feed the critters two hours-ish before sunset. That means I have to be home at about 1400-1430 this time of the year. Cheryl and I used to leave Kenn at about 1330 in winter to get to Indian queens for 1430. No, don't do the sums, I'm sure I obey all speed limits!!!
I've often wondered about meeting in the villages of Exmoor or Dartmoor, and how about the Village pubs on the North coast of Devon (outside grockel season of course!)
Many thanks for taking on the onerous job of SW Marlin resurrection.

Best wishes,
Dane.

greyV8pete
25-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies Dane and David M. Well, with me and my son David, that's four cars so far then. One Roadster, two Berlis and a Hunter. As if to emphasise the length of the SW region that's about 120 miles between the furthest! Looks like somewhere half way would be the best bet. Any others interested in the proposed meet on Sunday 14th December? Venue likely mid to east Devon TBA???? Suggestions welcome. Peter.

andrewjo
26-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Hello Peter,
Great idea.
Unfortunately both my Marlin and I are SORNed until April.
Very happy to join you then.
Best wishes
Andrew
Ps we met at Pentillie

MikePeel
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Hello Peter
I would definitely be interested in meeting up now and again. As I run a clay pigeon shoot every other week on a Sunday morning I am a little restricted , but it would be nice to meet up at fixed venues for lunch or any place of interest that involves maybe a "geo cache " for Marlin owners that can leave their "calling card " to prove that they at least made it to the location if they were late or got lost on the way!
I am not sure how best to agree on the "cache" location prior to any meet but just an idea that maybe could be discussed over a pint (of lemonade) at the inaugural meeting.
As I live on the Northern border of the South West (Cheddar area) I would probably be one of the late or lost members!
Regards
Mike

greyV8pete
07-12-2014, 08:07 PM
OK so for the first new South West lunchtime meet it’s this coming Sunday 14th Dec at 12.00am at the Half Moon Inn at Sheepwash post code EX21 5NE. Tel 01409 231376.

The intended plan was for these meets to be informal and somewhere to aim for, after an individual choice morning drive in our Marlins.

That said it is just before Christmas so for this first time only, and against my better judgement, I have booked a table for 8 people at 12.00am that should cover those that have shown a definite commitment so far for that date.

Why do I say against my better judgement you may ask? So put yourself in the position of myself or the landlord of the hostelry of choice.

Scenario 1 - You book a table for say 12 people that’s only 6 cars plus passenger. All 12 say they will come but only 6 turn up. Who reimburses the landlord for the seats that he could have had paying guests sitting on? ( I have experienced one occasion in the past where the landlord asked the organiser for a whip round to make up the missing numbers!). I do not want to suffer a similar fate for my efforts!

Scenario 2 - You book a table for 12 people and after word gets around 12 cars decide to turn up, potentially 24 people! Some are likely to go hungry!

So for this first meet can you please send me a PM to confirm:

1 That you will definitely be coming (Rain is not an excuse!)

2 That you want to eat (some people just stop for a drink and a chat).

Can you please also make sure that anyone that is coming knows the venue as it is not as shown in Pitstop!

Waiting for your PMs . Peter.

MikePeel
08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Peter
Unfortunately I cannot make this one. Good luck with your booking.
Regards
Mike

greyV8pete
08-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Peter
Unfortunately I cannot make this one. Good luck with your booking.
Regards
Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
08-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Hi Pete, we will be coming (myself Cheryl and Buddy) but we will not be having a full meal as we will have to depart by about 1400.

Many thanks - see you there.
Dane

Happy_Dave
08-12-2014, 10:04 PM
I shall of course be there! It'll be a good excuse to go for a drive and a nice break from the usual weekend house work...

greyV8pete
09-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Hi Pete, we will be coming (myself Cheryl and Buddy) but we will not be having a full meal as we will have to depart by about 1400.

Many thanks - see you there.
Dane

Thanks Dane. Looking forward to meeting you all again. Peter.

davidmartin720
09-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Judy and I will definetly be there and would like a meal, as long as we are not the only ones eating !!!! We do not share !!!! Weather permitting using the Roadster as we cannot access the car with a hood on [never used it in 4 years], we have travelled 4,500 miles so far this year and have never been soaked. Different to the night of the Cornish Pasty run for the Devon contingent, what memories !!!! If wet the "Tintop", if allowed. David.

greyV8pete
09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Many thanks for the reply David. A few of us will be eating to keep you company! Tintops permitted if really wet!:eek: We look forward to seeing you both there. Peter.

greyV8pete
13-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Don't forget the first new South West lunchtime meet it’s tomorrow Sunday 14th Dec at 12.00am at the Half Moon Inn at Sheepwash! Full details post #7 above. Hope the rain keeps off! Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
14-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Well done organising us all Pete.

Despite the rain showers it was a very nice location with good company. Good to see Noel too even with his racing deaux cheveaux!

Pictures show cars belonging to Pete, Dave, David and Dane.

dcunn
14-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Good to hear of another local meet, thanks for the pix Dane

Sorry, but I couldn't resist cropping one to see if it made for a good caption competition (My apologies to Peter)

Rgds DC

greyV8pete
14-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Thank you all for coming and supporting this first of the resurrected SW meets. It was a very encouraging start especially as the weather was not ideal for open tops. That said David Martin & Judy must be given credit for both arriving and departing “hood down” inspite of the long journey in wet and cold conditions. True Marlineers! Peter.

greyV8pete
07-01-2015, 04:39 PM
The second Sunday of this month is actually this coming weekend Sunday 11th Jan! Anyone up for attending and a suggestion of where to meet? Thinking of North West or North East of Exeter / M5 corridor maybe, or even into Somerset a bit? Peter.

davidmartin720
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
I am afraid you must count me out this weekend as I have had a Chest Infection and Gout, at the moment I am banned from even sitting in the Roadster !!!!! Judy & I thoroughly enjoyed our last Meeting, and it did not cause my problems. David.

ggrum
08-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Pete,
Do you want me to update the Exeter/SW Meeting details (eg name and contact details) in Pitstop? If so, drop me a mail.

Geoff (Editor)

greyV8pete
08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Hi Pete,
Do you want me to update the Exeter/SW Meeting details (eg name and contact details) in Pitstop? If so, drop me a mail.

Geoff (Editor)

Hi Geoff. Email sent. Peter.

greyV8pete
08-01-2015, 07:59 PM
As it is a bit of a last minute decision for the MOC SW meet this month and a couple of "long distance" members are unable to come, I am planning to meet up with Happy Dave at the following venue which is just north of Honiton:

The Aviator Coffee Bar & Restaurant

The Airfield
Devon & Somerset Flight Training
Dunkeswell
Devon EX14 4LG
01404 890009

http://www.tacbar.com/

Feel free to join us but please note that food is AD HOC so please book your own table if you feel you need to. We will plan to get there for 12.00am to try and get in before the "British Standard Lunchtime" rush:cool:.

Hope to see you there. Peter.

P.S. I seem to remember that there were some rather large speed bumps on the access road last time I was there so a very slow approach is recommended!

Dane_Rescueman
08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Many thanks Pete. I'm sorry that I cannot make it. I'll keep in touch.

greyV8pete
11-01-2015, 09:40 AM
As it is a bit of a last minute decision for the MOC SW meet this month and a couple of "long distance" members are unable to come, I am planning to meet up with Happy Dave at the following venue which is just north of Honiton:

The Aviator Coffee Bar & Restaurant

The Airfield
Devon & Somerset Flight Training
Dunkeswell
Devon EX14 4LG
01404 890009

http://www.tacbar.com/

Feel free to join us but please note that food is AD HOC so please book your own table if you feel you need to. We will plan to get there for 12.00am to try and get in before the "British Standard Lunchtime" rush:cool:.

P.S. I seem to remember that there were some rather large speed bumps on the access road last time I was there so a very slow approach is recommended!

Thanks for the replies Dane and David M. Hope you are feeling better soon David M.

I will be there with John and Happy Dave about 11.30 onwards today. Anyone else that decide to come last minute, look forward to seeing you there.

Peter.

greyV8pete
12-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Our two cars at the Jan 2015 SW Meet at Dunkeswell. Good food and a chance to see some things with wings.

No other Marlin attendees so we had a drive down to Lyme Regis afterwards.

Hope to see more cars next month! Peter.

Happy_Dave
17-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Another fine day and a cracking drive after lunch. Look forward to meeting more marliners next time.
Dave

Happy_Dave
18-01-2015, 10:52 AM
As per the SW meets forum update thread: http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?5618-MOC-South-West-meet-Feb-2015 I will be in attendance. Hope to see lots of you there :-)

Dont forget to check out the SW meets main page for updates and other info in the future: http://www.marlinownersclub.com/swmeets/

Dave

greyV8pete
22-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Don’t forget to visit the new S W Meets Page for the latest update, either by clicking on the button at the top of the forum pages or click on the NEW link below.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/swmeets/

Oh, and please come and join us too! :D

Don’t forget tin tops are permitted if you are SORNED or doing major work. :cool:

Peter.

davidmartin720
23-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Judy & I hope to be at the February Meeting, I am feeling better but not 100% yet. We went out last Saturday to Lyme Regis, cold and blowy out on the Cobb, but warm in the sunshine along the shoreline. Sunday we went to the White Horse, Exford for a warm up and a carvery. Very cold over the hills, snow had fallen, but the wheel tracks were clear, 40mm of slush on the rest of the road. We only saw one other open car the whole weekend, comment from my passenger was: "We must be mad" !!!!! All in all it was very enjoyable. A meet up with local Kitcar club on Wednesday for a curry in Bridgwater, Tintop used as raining and not good parking, 10 of us there, no Kitcars attended. David.

greyV8pete
23-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Judy & I hope to be at the February Meeting, I am feeling better but not 100% yet. We went out last Saturday to Lyme Regis, cold and blowy out on the Cobb, but warm in the sunshine along the shoreline. Sunday we went to the White Horse, Exford for a warm up and a carvery. Very cold over the hills, snow had fallen, but the wheel tracks were clear, 40mm of slush on the rest of the road. We only saw one other open car the whole weekend, comment from my passenger was: "We must be mad" !!!!! All in all it was very enjoyable. A meet up with local Kitcar club on Wednesday for a curry in Bridgwater, Tintop used as raining and not good parking, 10 of us there, no Kitcars attended. David.

Hi David. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and showing the flag for us open top nuts. I just love the bewildered looks from the tin top drivers huddled up in their warm cocoons.

Look forward to seeing you at the Feb meet. Peter.

greyV8pete
01-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Don't forget!

Next South West Meet Sunday 8th Feb 2015.
The Anchor Inn, Exebridge, Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9AZ.

Click on the red SW Meets button at the top of the forum pages for more details. Peter.

MikePeel
05-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Peter
I will be going on Sunday. The Marlin passed its MOT this week and I have only broken down once since so should be with you for a hearty meal on Sunday ! Mike

greyV8pete
06-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Peter
I will be going on Sunday. The Marlin passed its MOT this week and I have only broken down once since so should be with you for a hearty meal on Sunday ! Mike

Thanks for the response Mike. Good news about your MOT. My Hunter also passed its MOT last week but as fettling, wrapping & fitting the new tubular manifolds is taking much longer than planned I shall probably be coming in a tin top :(. Look forward to meeting you there. Peter.

greyV8pete
07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Please note that there is an error on page 31 in SW Meets info in the latest Pitstop issue 186. My phone contact number as printed is incorrect. It should be 446928 and not as printed. The area code for Exeter is correct. Replies by forum still preferred as previously mentioned ;) . Peter.

john B
07-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi,
I have been trying to contact Peter by phone to see if the Sunday meet at the Anchor Exebridge is still on. As I have been unable to reach him I will go anyway as its only 3 miles from me
Will I be drinking alone?

MikePeel
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
John
You will no be alone,come rain or shine I shall be there about 12 ish. The last time we met was at the Rare Breeds Show it was a it bit warmer then!
Mike

droverpete
07-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Hi,
If new members are welcome we would like to meet you tomorrow especially any cabrio owners, however I also speak roadster. The Anchor looks good.
PeterH

Happy_Dave
07-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Hi all. Yes the meet is still on. Dad and I will be there for sure. He'll be tin-topping unfortunately due to continued exhaust work. I was taking the Tin as well, but seeing how much interest there is this month I will brave the salt and bring the Berli :-)

Look forward to seeing you all.

Dave

greyV8pete
07-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi,
I have been trying to contact Peter by phone to see if the Sunday meet at the Anchor Exebridge is still on. As I have been unable to reach him I will go anyway as its only 3 miles from me
Will I be drinking alone?

Hi John.
Yes it's on. There is a typo in my phone number on page 31 in some of the latest Pitstops. It should read 446928. The Exeter area code is correct.

Look forward to meeting you all. Sadly I will be in a tin top as fitting the new manifolds to my Hunter is proving rather troublesome even "exhausting" you might say :rolleyes: .
Peter.

greyV8pete
08-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Many thanks to you all for coming to Exebridge today and suppporting the February SW Meet. It was good to see so many new faces and I hope to see you all again at future meets.

Attached are some photos that David took today.
Peter.

davidmartin720
09-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Very good meeting at The Anchor, good company, food and "craic". Thanks Peter for arranging and welcome to Peter and Jean. 8 of us there in total, 6 Marlins between us, but only 3 on the road yesterday. David.

b_caswell
09-02-2015, 02:36 PM
OOH look at that two sets of Triumph front suspension, well done the roadster boys. Wish I lived nearer! Would still like to know the kit number of the Blue one. Please.

MikePeel
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Brilliant day Peter ,great company and location I look forward to the next meet. David, superb photos one for my album.
Mr Caswell I have just managed to get back on line (I had to replace the screen on my laptop) so I will let you know about the number on my Marlin by tomorrow evening, if their is one!

petermarlin1798
13-02-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm even further away than Dane, but hope to make it to a meet or two this year. Mind you, the standard of the beasties in the photos makes mine look positively shabby!
Peter Reynolds, Helston

greyV8pete
13-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm even further away than Dane, but hope to make it to a meet or two this year. Mind you, the standard of the beasties in the photos makes mine look positively shabby!
Peter Reynolds, Helston

Thanks for the response Peter. Shabby is not an issue with me, it's the shape that counts and it being driven!:cool:

I will try and pick somewhere further west as the weather improves. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
13-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Don't worry Peter(Marlin1798). Moll is a bit battle worn and carries her campaign scars with pride! Just about to be attacked with the Waxoyl sprayer in her nether regions. I take her everywhere and she fits in well.

Peter(greyV8) the clearout prior to the likely move is a great generator of stress but I'll try to get a "pink chit" for the next meet....we may be moving that month. many thanks for organising us so well.

b_caswell
14-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Brilliant day Peter ,great company and location I look forward to the next meet. David, superb photos one for my album.
Mr Caswell I have just managed to get back on line (I had to replace the screen on my laptop) so I will let you know about the number on my Marlin by tomorrow evening, if their is one! Call me Ben please, just got your PM reply on the way. Read the first and third sorry finger problem.

greyV8pete
01-03-2015, 12:54 PM
South West meet Sunday 8th March 2015The Merry Harriers
Forches Corner, Clayhidon, Taunton, EX15 3TR
Tel: 01823 421270

Please click on the red SW Meets button at the top of this page for full details. Peter.

Happy_Dave
01-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I will be there, but not in the Berli due to its rear end now being in bits! New rear bushes and springs here we come :-)

greyV8pete
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
I will be there, but not in the Berli due to its rear end now being in bits! New rear bushes and springs here we come :-)
Don't panic! Team greyV8pete will achieve rear end rebuild by the weekend. :cool: I need deadlines!

davidmartin720
01-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Judy and I hope to attend. Our local Kit Car club had a meet up for breakfast at Blue Anchor, and then a photoshoot at St Audries Bay today. 18 cars present and the sun shone until most people had arrived home. I have the Roadster back on the road, touch wood, going well. David.

Happy_Dave
01-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Good news David. Apparently (deliveries pending) I will be in the Berli after all...!

greyV8pete
02-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Judy and I hope to attend. Our local Kit Car club had a meet up for breakfast at Blue Anchor, and then a photoshoot at St Audries Bay today. 18 cars present and the sun shone until most people had arrived home. I have the Roadster back on the road, touch wood, going well. David.

Thanks David. Looking forward to seeing you both there. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
05-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi Pete,
The house move appears to be going through although the buyers are being a bit confused about exactly when (any time from 16th March onwards !) I have a huge amount of clearing up on the farm so I don't think Cheryl or I will be able to make a meeting until probably May but I'll keep in close touch.
I'm glad that the reworked exhaust is working OK. I wonder how the Superflex conversion is going on Dave's rear end?
Nice to speak on the 'phone the other day, Cheers, Dane.

greyV8pete
05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi Pete,
The house move appears to be going through although the buyers are being a bit confused about exactly when (any time from 16th March onwards !) I have a huge amount of clearing up on the farm so I don't think Cheryl or I will be able to make a meeting until probably May but I'll keep in close touch.
I'm glad that the reworked exhaust is working OK. I wonder how the Superflex conversion is going on Dave's rear end?
Nice to speak on the 'phone the other day, Cheers, Dane.

Thanks for the update Dane. Sorry that you can't make the SW Meet but quite understand. Hope the sale / move goes through without too much hassle. We look forward to seeing you when the dust has settled.

Dave's "rear end" is receiving Supaflex bushes as we speak! Planned completion ready for the run to the SW Meet on Sunday. Peter.

greyV8pete
14-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Eight people attended the March SW Meet at The Merry Harriers for an enjoyable lunch. Good to see you all again.

Only two Marlins though as it was a very wet and dismal Sunday, especially dissappointing weather after the the very sunny previous day, so all tin tops excused. ;)

Happy Dave was there with his Berli following successful Team greyV8pete rebuild of rear suspension. Also my Hunter was there following completion of fitting the new 4-1 exhaust manifolds. Hence only our two cars in the attached photos.

Next meet is on Sunday 12th April. Details to follow on the SW Meets page. Peter.

greyV8pete
20-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Next South West meet Sunday 12th April 2015Washford Inn
Station Road, Washford, Somerset, TA23 0PP
Tel: 01984 640256

http://www.thewashfordinn.co.uk/

Please Note! - Carvery only on Sunday but they will do a veggie nut roast if I tell them numbers in advance. Please let me know asap if you want to order one!
Suggested time 11.30am for 12.00am so we can have a chat and bag a table before the rush!
Don’t forget to bring your train spotting stuff!

See you there!

Peter.

Happy_Dave
06-04-2015, 04:25 PM
I will be there, from 11:30 ish as usual.
Hopefully the weather will be as great as it has been today :D

davidmartin720
06-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Judy & I hope to be there, we have been invited to Ernie Warrender's for a BBQ at Wedmore, but feel it might be too much UKIP as he is the candidate for WSM. He used to work for Marlins at Plymouth in the very early 80's, he has promised me an article for the Pitstop so I reminded him again on Sunday !!!!! David.

greyV8pete
06-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks Dave & David. If John comes, plus Pat and partner from Bristol who sent me a PM, that makes seven so far. Any other takers?

Hope the weather holds out. The forecast for Sunday keeps changing as usual, so we may not know until the day before! Peter.

MikePeel
09-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Peter
Unfortunately I cannot make this one, have a great day.
Mike

greyV8pete
09-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Peter
Unfortunately I cannot make this one, have a great day.
Mike
Hi Mike. Thanks for letting me know.
Hope to see you next time.

BTW next month's May meet will be on a Saturday as I have a prior classic car commitment on the Sunday.

Will post details on the SW Meets page. Peter.

droverpete
11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi Peter

Unable to be at the SW meet tomorrow, hope to catch up in May.

PeterH

greyV8pete
11-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Hi Peter

Unable to be at the SW meet tomorrow, hope to catch up in May.

PeterH

No probs. Thanks for the heads up.

Next month the SW Meet will be on a Saturday, the 9th May .

Peter.

greyV8pete
12-04-2015, 06:58 PM
After a couple of cars had problems and people were unable to come it looked like only 4 of us would be at Washford today for the April SW Meet. Then Mike arrived after all and Brian turned up in his nice Maroon Hunter so the final tally was 6 people and 5 cars. Good to see you again Brian. Can’t believe it was 3 years ago that we last met at Andrew’s BBQ.

After lunch four of us had a good run back in convoy to Taunton via Dunster and Wheddon Cross before going our separate ways.

Many thanks to all for coming and supporting the SW Meet.

Please note next month’s SW Meet will be on a Saturday 9th May.

Peter.

bryannewell
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Pleased I could eventually make one after seeing all the meets going on around me!
Nice to see familiar faces and meet some new ones,thanks for making me welcome
Very enjoyable run back over the Brendons
Can anyone help with resising the pics which were posted as I only see about half the story!
Regards
Bryan

Happy_Dave
12-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Good to see everyone and nice to meet you Bryan. Great drive back, love that road!

Bryan - I'm assuming you're using a mobile to view pics, I had same problem. Go to settings (top right of page). In this page select 'general settings' from menu on left under 'my account'. Now scroll down to 'miscellaneous settings' and use the forum skin drop down to select 'default mobile style' then click save changes at bottom.
You may now get an error (think I did), but just hit ok. Now the page will look a bit naff, but scroll to bottom of page and click on the 'full website' (think it says that!) link and now all should be fine :-). Worked for me anyway! Now no more left hand side only on pics...

Dave

bryannewell
12-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Hi Dave
The problem I have is on Laptop!
But following your advice I find that it is only when viewing in "Marlin Style" which is my preferred one a lot of pics are too large for the page,so when
this happens I can swap to another Style and view them O/k!
Bit of a pain but at least I can now go back through the posts and view all the pics I have missed!!
Cheers
Bryan

davidmartin720
13-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Very good meeting and to be able to meet old friends. Good run back, our usual way, but we are regularly travelling in the opposite direction. As Peter kept to the speed limits I was able to keep up, except for the hills. Not too bad for a 1300cc Triumph engine, compared with the 3500cc Rover and V6 Ford etc. By the way to other readers, I was the only one 2 up !!!! David.

MikePeel
13-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Most enjoyable meet.
I am beginning to understand why Marlin people are so passionate about their cars, they look like proper cars, especially with the roofs off and the variety of type with all sorts of mechanicals and of course the choice of country roads we can drive on. Six Triumphs (4 Stags and 2 TR4'S ) were out on a run enjoying themselves ,all waved and smiled.What more could you ask for on a sunny Marlin day out?
Mike

cameronfurnival
13-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks Bryan you have identified a problem I have been struggling with on the resizing images thing - it seems it only happens in the Marlin Style (red and charcoal) which is due to the way that skin is set up - I will endeavour to fix it now I (you) have nailed the cause!

dcunn
13-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Bryan, if you save the pics you will have them in their entirety

Rgds DC

bryannewell
13-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi Cameron
Thanks,it would be great if this could be fixed as I do prefer the "Marlin style"
Dave all noted thanks,gives me another option
Bryan

greyV8pete
28-04-2015, 06:56 PM
I am having problems editing the SW Meets page so here is the May info. Please note the May meet is on a Saturday this time!

South West Meet Saturday 9th May 2015The Exmoor White Horse InnAddress: Exmoor National Park, Exford, West Somerset TA24 7PY

Phone: 01643 831229

http://www.exmoor-whitehorse.co.uk/HOME

Suggested time 11.30am for 12.00am so we can have a chat and bag a table before the rush!
See you there!

Peter.

greyV8pete
08-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Don't forget that the May SW Meet is tomorrow, Saturday this month! Details as above post or click on the SW Meets red button at the top of the forum window for the latest update. Hope to see you there. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
08-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Drat and triple drat. As I said on the'phone, I have to go to the livestock auction in Truro tomorrow to try and get an Orpington rooster. The fox has taken a couple of chickens which must be replaced.
12 bore BB carts are waiting for it's next visit.
Sorry that I won't be there Pete.
Good luck and best wishes,
Dane.

greyV8pete
09-05-2015, 04:51 PM
With a couple of unavoidable cancellations and no last minute extra attendees it was just David & Judy Martin and myself at the SW Meet today! Thanks David & Judy for your support and a good chat as always. It would have been a bit lonely if you hadn’t come.

Next month’s SW Meet will be back on a Sunday, 14th June.
Peter.

greyV8pete
05-06-2015, 12:04 PM
South West meet Sunday 14th June 2015An informal chance to meet this month at:
The Footman James Bristol Classic Car Show
Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6QN

For full details and advance ticket info (£2 off gate prices) click on the SW Meets button at the top of this page.

See you there.
Peter.

P_Seabrook_Harris
12-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Hi SW Marlineers - it's Peter SH here from SHEBS! Not my patch but a pal has invited us Marlins to his charity fund raiser next month near Bristol and just confirmed is an amazing 24 litre replica of the Railton Napier. You can just pop along or to do the tour and enjoy a hog roast on an inclusive deal just contact the people listed. I'll be there in my Berlinetta Q104 JKR
The details are : Congresbury Classic Cars Show & Tour Sun, July 5 | FREE Entry (but bring your pocket change) Event Navigation « 800 Years of Music & Flowers Mark Hayward & Mark Whitchurch – Alvis Speed 20 SA 1932 & Mini Cooper S 1964 Sunday 5th July come and admire the vintage, classic & supercars and raise funds for our new village hall. Two chances to admire the cars: 8:30am – 11.00 am @ Wyevale Garden Centre (was Cadbury Garden Centre). Come and have breakfast and talk cars! 12:00pm onwards @ The White Hart pub, Wrington Road, Congresbury. Come and enjoy a hog roast, admiring the cars whilst watching the British Grand Prix! For more information contact: Mark Whitchurch at mark.whitchurch@virgin.net or 07771 886899 or Mark Hayward at mark@debbiefortune.co.uk or 07836 241820 Bring the family and help to create a village atmosphere! FREE Entry (but bring your pocket change) All proceeds to Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust

greyV8pete
12-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Hi SW Marlineers - it's Peter SH here from SHEBS! Not my patch but a pal has invited us Marlins to his charity fund raiser next month near Bristol and just confirmed is an amazing 24 litre replica of the Railton Napier. You can just pop along or to do the tour and enjoy a hog roast on an inclusive deal just contact the people listed. I'll be there in my Berlinetta Q104 JKR
The details are : Congresbury Classic Cars Show & Tour Sun, July 5 | FREE Entry (but bring your pocket change) Event Navigation « 800 Years of Music & Flowers Mark Hayward & Mark Whitchurch – Alvis Speed 20 SA 1932 & Mini Cooper S 1964 Sunday 5th July come and admire the vintage, classic & supercars and raise funds for our new village hall. Two chances to admire the cars: 8:30am – 11.00 am @ Wyevale Garden Centre (was Cadbury Garden Centre). Come and have breakfast and talk cars! 12:00pm onwards @ The White Hart pub, Wrington Road, Congresbury. Come and enjoy a hog roast, admiring the cars whilst watching the British Grand Prix! For more information contact: Mark Whitchurch at mark.whitchurch@virgin.net or 07771 886899 or Mark Hayward at mark@debbiefortune.co.uk or 07836 241820 Bring the family and help to create a village atmosphere! FREE Entry (but bring your pocket change) All proceeds to Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust

Many thanks for the heads up Peter. Alas I am already committed to a Classic event that day which is a shame as it looks interesting. Peter.

droverpete
13-06-2015, 11:22 AM
We will be at the Bath & West Showground tomorrow, sadly still not in the Hunter yet.

Peter & Jean

greyV8pete
13-06-2015, 09:53 PM
We will be at the Bath & West Showground tomorrow, sadly still not in the Hunter yet.

Peter & Jean

Great! I will try to be in the Bar with my son John about 12.00 / 12.30 ish. Hope to see you there. You can tell me all about your Hunter :confused: Peter.

greyV8pete
21-06-2015, 06:49 PM
A good cross section of cars at the Shepton Mallet show, both in the halls and in the car parks!

Met up with Peter & Jean House but as he is still suffering with gremlins in the engine deparment only one Marlin (mine) there.

Peter.

Shepton Mallet June 2015

Dane_Rescueman
07-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Looks good Pete.
Will the next meet be at Wadebridge Wheels on the 19th of July?

greyV8pete
07-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Nothing formally arranged for a SW Meet this month but I will be at Powderham this weekend on both the Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th July. I will be in my Sunbeam on the STAR club stand which is usually in the right hand corner of the field, next to the railway line. Please come and say hello if you are going to the show. I will also be spotting for Marlins too when on walkabout.

I will also be at the Wadebridge wheels with my Hunter also attending is Happy Dave in his Berli on 19th July. Peter.

greyV8pete
16-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Wadebridge Wheels this Sunday 19th July
The Royal Cornwall Showground PL27 7JE
http://www.wadebridgewheels.co.uk/

Dane_Rescueman
17-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Pete, I'll aim to get to the showground by 0930. Kit cars and specials are normally parked at the NE corner of the show near the fir trees. It looks like the weather will be rainy - my first Wadebridge with the hood up!!

greyV8pete
18-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Pete, I'll aim to get to the showground by 0930. Kit cars and specials are normally parked at the NE corner of the show near the fir trees. It looks like the weather will be rainy - my first Wadebridge with the hood up!!

Hi Dane.

Weather looks more promising now. I will be coming with John. Unfortunately Dave can't make it as his water pump job escalated and he can't get it finished in time.

Will give you a 3/3 call when close. Peter.

MikeV8Cabrio
20-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi Pete/Dane/John
was good to meet up with you yesterday. Good show and getting bigger each year I think, something for all car fans.

Hopefully will catch you soon somewhere out on the roads.

Mike & June

Dane_Rescueman
20-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Thanks Mike, it was great to meet up. Just a couple of snapshots of Peter and John plus Marlins infiltrated by other types.
The weather was rainy for the first hour then superb and very warm. The show was well supported by the public.
We'll be there next year!

Happy_Dave
20-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Don't forget Buddy! Sorry I couldn't be there, looks like another nice show :-) The Berli will be back on the road soon...

greyV8pete
21-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Good to meet up with you all and a couple of SW Hunters discovered! Will update the SW Meets page in a couple of days. Peter

greyV8pete
24-07-2015, 11:03 AM
SW Meets August & September 2015 dates!

Sunday 2nd August is at the Mount Edgcumbe Classic Car Show and Country Fayre.

Entry form link:
http://www.friends-of-mount-edgcumbe.org.uk/events/

Please click on the SW Meets button at the top of this page for full details.

Saturday 5th September is at the Marlin Sports Cars & Open Day.

Peter.

greyV8pete
28-07-2015, 10:38 AM
SW Meets August & September 2015 dates!

Sunday 2nd August is at the Mount Edgcumbe Classic Car Show and Country Fayre.

Entry form link:
http://www.friends-of-mount-edgcumbe.org.uk/events/

Please click on the SW Meets button at the top of this page for full details.

Saturday 5th September is at the Marlin Sports Cars & Open Day.

Peter.

My entry pass arrived in the post today :). Anyone else in the SW area going to this show? Peter.

petermarlin1798
05-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Red Roadster seen on A394 going from Helston to Falmouth yesterday, past my house. Local or visitors?

Dane_Rescueman
23-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi SW guys. I have just added the Cornwall Motor Show to the events calendar. It is held near Cambourne on 10 & 11 October 2015. Entry forms are required. Check out www.cornwallmotorshow.co.uk for details.

greyV8pete
23-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Hi SW guys. I have just added the Cornwall Motor Show to the events calendar. It is held near Cambourne on 10 & 11 October 2015. Entry forms are required. Check out www.cornwallmotorshow.co.uk (http://www.cornwallmotorshow.co.uk) for details.

Well spotted Dane! Maybe I am being dense but I can't find anything about an entry form for 2015 on the www link that you have posted?

The following link just mentions 2016 ! ??? It also says it was on Sunday 28th June 2015. Most confusing.

http://westcornwallmotorshow.com/entry-forms/

It will be a good venue for the October SW Meet on the Sunday 11th if it is on. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
23-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Hi Pete,
Double click on the PDF included in my last post (oops, forgot the bugle!) and it should open up showing the entry form which has all the timings for this years show. I agree that their website is not too good. I haven't decided whether to go yet but I would prefer to go on the Sunday if poss. I'm trying to talk my neighbour into taking his Alpine Mk IV (auto) too.
Camborne is a bit of a push for you Peter. It must be about 120 miles from your place.

greyV8pete
23-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Hi Pete,
Double click on the PDF included in my last post (oops, forgot the bugle!) and it should open up showing the entry form which has all the timings for this years show. I agree that their website is not too good. I haven't decided whether to go yet but I would prefer to go on the Sunday if poss. I'm trying to talk my neighbour into taking his Alpine Mk IV (auto) too.
Camborne is a bit of a push for you Peter. It must be about 120 miles from your place.

All noted thanks Dane. Will go on the Sunday if you are. Any other Marlineers from the far South West interested? I met a few Marlin owners at Mt Edgecumb this year that live in that end of Cornwall :cool:. Peter.

greyV8pete
01-10-2015, 10:54 AM
As space at the Cornwall Motor Show is limited to first 75 cars that apply I have decided to abandon this trip for a sw meet as not all Marlins may get to park in the "reserved" space. See below for revised plan for October meet. Peter.

greyV8pete
01-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Marlin SW Lunchtime Meet on October 11th 2015

Half Moon Inn, Sheepwash
Sheepwash, Beaworthy, North Devon, EX21 5NE

12.00am for 12.30. Please let me know asap if you will be attending, either by PM or my contact details in Pitstop.

Also it’s the Hatherleigh Autojumble on Sunday 11th October! So if you are up early why not call in on the way and look for those much needed spares or widgets! It’s only 10 minutes from Sheepwash and gates open at 9.00am.

Hatherleigh Autojumble details:
http://www.devonvintagecarclub.com/hatherleigh-autojumble.html

For full details about this and the November meet click on the red sw meets button at the top of the forum page.

Peter.

davidmartin720
01-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Judy & I will be at Sheepwash on Sunday October 11th. The following month's meeting at Shepton Mallet, I will be there with my Roadster on the Apple County Kit Car Club stand. David.

greyV8pete
02-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Judy & I will be at Sheepwash on Sunday October 11th. The following month's meeting at Shepton Mallet, I will be there with my Roadster on the Apple County Kit Car Club stand. David.

Thanks for the quick reply David. Look forward to seeing you both. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
05-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Hi Peter. I have booked in for the Cornwall Motor Show on the 11th. They say that there are only 75 spaces. My windscreen entry card number? 79! Ho hum. I'll report on the show afterwards. Don't spend too much at the auto-jumble. I know I would.

greyV8pete
10-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Marlin SW Lunchtime Meet on October 11th 2015

Half Moon Inn, Sheepwash
Sheepwash, Beaworthy, North Devon, EX21 5NE

12.00am for 12.30. Please let me know asap if you will be attending, either by PM or my contact details in Pitstop.

Also it’s the Hatherleigh Autojumble on Sunday 11th October! So if you are up early why not call in on the way and look for those much needed spares or widgets! It’s only 10 minutes from Sheepwash and gates open at 9.00am.

Hatherleigh Autojumble details:
http://www.devonvintagecarclub.com/hatherleigh-autojumble.html

For full details about this and the November meet click on the red sw meets button at the top of the forum page.

Peter.

Bump! Don't forget it's tomorrow! 2 replies so far. Anyone else coming to the Sheepwash lunch? Peter.

greyV8pete
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
An excellent meal at the Half Moon and many thanks to David & Judy for making the trek down from Somerset to keep me company.

Hope to see more SW faces at Shepton Mallet next month ;) Click on the SW Meets button for full details. Peter.

davidmartin720
12-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Thanks Peter for arranging the meeting, a very good meal,[my Steak and mushroom with Guinness pie was excellent], well worth the effort of a nearly 2 hour drive down some pretty country lanes, a shame we were down on numbers. We do not do Motorway and going home we went from Copplestone to Tiverton, narrow roads but well worth the experience !!! We have now travelled over 5,000 miles this year, insurance renewal just come through for 7,000 miles, European Full Comprehensive cover plus Breakdown for £91 !!!!!Judy & David.

bryannewell
12-10-2015, 06:04 PM
I feel a thread Hijack coming!!
Hi David
Can I ask who you insured with please although I don't envisage another European trip next year you never know!!
£91 Quid sounds reasonable to me
Regards
Bryan

davidmartin720
12-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Quick answer, Peter James. Bryan please ring Peter Licence. David.

bryannewell
12-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Thanks David
Have hooked up with Peter via PM

Cheers

Bryan

MikePeel
02-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi Peter
I will be at the Shepton Mallet show all day on the 7th with my current Marin build project on display.Have a good day on the 8th.
Mike

greyV8pete
02-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi Peter
I will be at the Shepton Mallet show all day on the 7th with my current Marin build project on display.Have a good day on the 8th.
Mike

Hi Mike.

Many thanks for the info. Hope you have a good day too. Peter.

greyV8pete
05-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Don’t forget the SW Meet is at the Classic Car and Restoration Show Shepton Mallett this Sunday 8th November! I will be in the bar at 12.30am. I have decided to take my 1955 Sunbeam Talbot Mk3 as it did so well on the trip to Monte Carlo this year, but I will be wearing a Marlin cap to confuse everyone! Hope to see some SW Marlineers there. Peter.

davidmartin720
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
I was at the show on the Apple County Kit Car Show stand together with the Roadster build of Mike Peel. Lots of interest in our Marlins and the surprise of the day was to see Ben Caswell, Danny Nelson, Andrew Curtis and friend. Peter and John Licence were also there, so a very enjoyable "Marlin Owners Meet" over a drink. A very nice weekend, a couple of new Marlin owners, one has a Roadster being delivered from Cornwall today, another one being imported from France shortly, to be used for "Trials". Other people said, seeing Mike's build and my finished car, gave them the incentive to make the effort to put their neglected cars back on the road. A great show. The only downside was, both Danny and Ben were in "Tintops", that must be a first !!!!!! David.

b_caswell
09-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Good to see everyone new and old and some "interesting!!!!!!" projects on the go. 300 miles in a bran new series 3 wasn't a down side for me and no its not mine. ;-)

danny_nelson
10-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Good to see everyone, I enjoyed the chat, and the drink! I intend to do it again sometime. We are fortunate that there are members who come forward and give their time to organize these local meets. So a big thank you to all of you.

greyV8pete
19-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Good to see you all at Shepton Mallett show, especially Danny and Ben from afar. Also very pleasing to see Andrew back in the UK and with his Sportster on the road again.

Regarding the strange "mystery rebuild" Marlin Cabrio. Did anyone work out what the front suspension was taken from? At least it would allow better cooling with that larger radiator! Peter.

P.S. Next SW Meet will be on Sunday 13th December at the Haynes Festive Food & Gift Fayre, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford.

I will update the SW Meets page with full details as soon as a login issue is sorted. Peter.

Mike
19-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Good to see you all at Shepton Mallett show, especially Danny and Ben from afar. Also very pleasing to see Andrew back in the UK and with his Sportster on the road again.

Regarding the strange "mystery rebuild" Marlin Cabrio. Did anyone work out what the front suspension was taken from? At least it would allow better cooling with that larger radiator! Peter.

P.S. Next SW Meet will be on Sunday 13th December at the Haynes Festive Food & Gift Fayre, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford.

I will update the SW Meets page with full details as soon as a login issue is sorted. Peter.

Peter

Do you have any photos of the mystery build suspension?

Mike

greyV8pete
19-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Peter

Do you have any photos of the mystery build suspension?

Mike

Hi Mike. I have sent you a PM. Hope your mailbox is clear now? Peter.

Mike
20-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Hi Peter
Mike

Hi Mike

Do you have any photos of the front suspension changes tyou have made to ypour Cabrio?

Regards

Mike

PS - I have sent you a PM.

greyV8pete
07-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Reminder*** The next SW Meet will be this coming Sunday 13th December at the Haynes Festive Food & Gift Fayre, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford.

Please click on the red SW Meets button for full details. Peter.

davidmartin720
07-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Judy & I hope to see you at Haynes, Sparkford, on Sunday. David.

greyV8pete
10-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Excellent! Anyone else going? Buy your last minute Christmas presents and "supplies"at the Christmas fayre! ;) Peter.

davidmartin720
14-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Nice to meet up with Peter and his two sons, interesting chats about lots of subjects, only one serious one about cars. A shame nobody else turned up and also no comments on the Forum. Do Marlin Owner's want something different, comments please? With my local Kit Car Club we went out for a two course carvery meal last Wednesday evening, 17 of us sat down, admitted all men, I was the oldest, but an enjoyable evening. David.

lynnx22
26-12-2015, 08:48 PM
I probably would have gone, I only live about 4 miles away !
Sadly, I work 4000 miles away.
Maybe next year
Tim

greyV8pete
30-12-2015, 04:15 PM
No official Marlin SW Meet for January 2016

The Exeter Trial is on 8th & 9th January so we will taking photos of Marlins on the Saturday 9th, usually in the woods at Clinton and Fingle. For those of you taking part in the trial have a clear run! Peter.

greyV8pete
17-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Next Marlin SW Meet on Sunday February 14th 2016 at The Footman James Great Western Autojumble 2016.

Click on SW Meets red button above for full details. We had a good turn out last November at Shepton Mallett so hope for similar this time. Peter.

greyV8pete
10-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Next Marlin SW Meet on Sunday February 14th 2016 at The Footman James Great Western Autojumble 2016.

Click on SW Meets red button above for full details. We had a good turn out last November at Shepton Mallett so hope for similar this time. Peter.

Bump!

Don't forget! It's this coming weekend! According to the forecast wrap up well :eek: ! Peter.

jhaines
14-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Mine was the green Mk1 in the classic car park, saw a very nice Hunter there as well. Unfortunately I didn't get to the bar, maybe next time. And yes, it was a bit chilly driving across with the roof down!

Cheers

greyV8pete
14-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Mine was the green Mk1 in the classic car park, saw a very nice Hunter there as well. Unfortunately I didn't get to the bar, maybe next time. And yes, it was a bit chilly driving across with the roof down!

Cheers

If it was a blue Hunter it was mine! Nearly the same colour as my fingers after the drive up from Exeter with the top down! I chickened out on the way home with the hood up and the heater on full as it was a tad chilly around the autojumble and that was indoors too!

Seven of us met up in the bar. Good to see Danny again all the way from northern climes and also good to see Stephen and his good lady join us at the SW Meet. Hope to see the Cabrio on the road soon Stephen. Peter.

greyV8pete
06-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Marlin SW Lunchtime Meet on April 10th 2016

Half Moon Inn Sheepwash

Meeting up with Dane for a tow bar exchange. Anyone else want to join us?

12.00am for 12.30. Please let me know asap if you will be attending, either by PM or my contact details in Pitstop. Many thanks. Peter.

(Unable to update the SW Meets page due to gremlins in the system!)

Half Moon Inn, Sheepwash, Beaworthy, North Devon EX21 5NE
Telephone: 01409 231376
http://www.halfmoonsheepwash.co.uk/contact.html

(http://www.halfmoonsheepwash.co.uk/contact.html)

Dane_Rescueman
06-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Looking forward to catching up Pete. Many thanks for the tow bar. Angle grinder and welder at the ready !!
Let us hope the weather is kind to us.

greyV8pete
09-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Looking forward to catching up Pete. Many thanks for the tow bar. Angle grinder and welder at the ready !!
Let us hope the weather is kind to us.

Indeed yes! Suggest some tie-downs under the wings when parked, having looked at the weather forecast! Looks like we are the only ones going! Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
09-04-2016, 09:36 PM
It should be interesting, but hood up to appease Mrs C ! Should I have booked? It looks like I'll have to wing it. See you there Pete.

greyV8pete
09-04-2016, 09:42 PM
It should be interesting, but hood up to appease Mrs C ! Should I have booked? It looks like I'll have to wing it. See you there Pete.

As no response from anyone else I didn't book for just us three but if we are there at 12.00am I am sure we will get a table in the bar ok. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
11-04-2016, 11:28 AM
It was nice to catch up Peter. I'm so sorry to have been rather late. The whole morning was rather tiresome until we arrived at Sheepwash !!
Many thanks for the tow bar. I'll mark it up and sort out my welder. Best wishes to you.

greyV8pete
11-04-2016, 06:11 PM
It was nice to catch up Peter. I'm so sorry to have been rather late. The whole morning was rather tiresome until we arrived at Sheepwash !!
Many thanks for the tow bar. I'll mark it up and sort out my welder. Best wishes to you.

Indeed good to catch up with you both Dane. The log fire was a welcome sight after a drive in such wild weather. Hope the welding produces the desired result. Have you got anything to tow with it yet ??? Peter.

greyV8pete
11-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Apologies for the late announcement but only just heard about this.

Kit cars are accepted so we can have the May SW Meet there!

Note! - Forms must be received by this Friday 13th May!
Killerton House Classic Car Show

Sunday 15th May 2016
10:00 – 17:00

Address: Broadclyst, Exeter, Devon, EX5 3LE

http://www.mgcc.co.uk/devon-cornwall-centre/events-3/killerton-house-classic-car-show/

Booking form link:

http://www.mgcc.co.uk/devon-cornwall-centre/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2016/02/Car-Booking-form-2016.pdf

Remember! - Forms must be received by this Friday 13th May!

Killerton House website link:

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/b763a361-c952-417c-a6d9-bc40b01ac217/pages/details

P.S. There are already 500 cars entered so plenty to see! PL.

greyV8pete
17-05-2016, 10:16 AM
An excellent show with over 500 cars there with a complete cross section of vehicle types and ages and one Marlin Hunter!. Good value too as the entry cost of £5 for car and driver plus £2.50 for each additional passenger gave free entry to the house and gardens on the day. If you tick the box as going as part of a club they automatically allocate a block of spaces so you can all park together. I will make a note of the date for next year and hopefully some more of the SW Marlin contingent can attend. Peter.

David
17-05-2016, 10:49 AM
That's an awesome venue.

We were at the Chiltern Hills Rally, it's 'just a field' but there's usually in the very high hundreds of vehicles of all types. A trials Marlin on our pitch (mine in the garage!), at least one, a Cabrio, in the field.

https://www.facebook.com/kophillclimb/posts/1175490259136515

David.

greyV8pete
10-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Marlin SW Meet this month is on Sunday June 19th at the
Bristol Classic Car Show

Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, BA4 6QN

Advance tickets are available at:
http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/20

(Or pay at the gate for a couple of ££s more).

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there!
Peter.

greyV8pete
17-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Bump!

Marlin SW Meet this month is on Sunday June 19th at the
Bristol Classic Car Show

Advance tickets are available at:
http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/20

(Or pay at the gate for a couple of ££s more).

Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
17-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Have a good show Pete. Is the Sunbeam going? I hope the weather is kind to you. I'll be at the Fraddon vintage tractor show - in the mud and rain no doubt!

greyV8pete
17-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Have a good show Pete. Is the Sunbeam going? I hope the weather is kind to you. I'll be at the Fraddon vintage tractor show - in the mud and rain no doubt!

Hi Dane. Yes the Sunbeam is going ;-) Need a few miles post overhaul before the trip to york in July.

greyV8pete
26-06-2016, 12:05 PM
With two "apologies for absence" due to illness no other Marlineers seen in the bar from 12.30 to 13.00h so after a lonely drink I returned to the show for some successful foraging in the autojumble. Peter.

greyV8pete
26-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Next Marlin SW Meet is on Sunday July 17th at

Wadebridge Wheels

Details:
http://www.wadebridgewheels.co.uk/

You need to register online and don’t be put off by the 20 year old rule. When they reply by email to say your application is being considered, just send a "thank you" reply with a photo of your “Classic” Marlin ;).

The show is free for exhibitors but you are encouraged to make a donation.

http://www.wadebridgewheels.co.uk/modules/wheelsregistration/register.aspx?id=20

Hope to meet up with some of the MOC members from the far west of the region.

Peter.

greyV8pete
02-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Reminder!
Don’t forget Gerald Dinnis is doing his South Coast Run this Sunday 4th Sept. Full details are in latest Aug / Sept 2016 Pitstop.

He has five cars going so far so if you are free to join him why not give him a call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next SW Meet is at Thornfalcon on Sunday 18th September 2016.

This is notionally a lunchtime meet but some arrive earlier and others stay later. See link below for directions.

http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/event.aspx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2016 SW Meet will be at the Classic and Restoration Show at Shepton Mallet
on 6th November 2016. More details to follow.

Peter.

davidmartin720
04-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Judy & I drove to Exeter Services and joined Gerald Dinnis's South Coast run, very enjoyable day and good company, plus places we have never been to before. 6 Marlins and 2 Locost. A round trip of 210 miles!!! David.

greyV8pete
04-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Judy & I drove to Exeter Services and joined Gerald Dinnis's South Coast run, very enjoyable day and good company, plus places we have never been to before. 6 Marlins and 2 Locost. A round trip of 210 miles!!! David.

Had to miss the run as ongoing work on coilovers didn’t get finished in time, but managed to get to the Exeter start in the modern, say hello and take some photos. Peter.

greyV8pete
14-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Reminder!

Next SW Meet is at Thornfalcon on This Sunday 18th September 2016.

This is notionally a lunchtime meet but some arrive earlier and others stay later.

It is by Henlade, Taunton close to the M5 J25.

See link below for full directions.

http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/event.aspx

Hope to see you all there! Peter.

November 2016 SW Meet will be at the Classic and Restoration Show at Shepton Mallet
on 6th November 2016. More details to follow.

Peter.

droverpete
15-09-2016, 10:16 PM
After initially failing on emissions our hunter now has a new MOT so we'll be at the Thornfalcon meet on Sunday.
Peter & Jean

greyV8pete
02-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Marlin SW Meet on Sunday November 6th 2016

The Footman James Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 2016

Bath & West Showground Shepton Mallet Somerset BA4 6QN

I will be in the bar at 12.30am. Hope to see you there!

Details and advance tickets:
http://cvrs.bristolclassiccarshows.com/

Peter.

greyV8pete
20-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Marlin SW Meet on Sunday December 4th 2016

will be at the Haynes Motor Museum for the

Haynes Breakfast Club

9.00am opens! Hope to see you there! Peter.

Near Sparkford. Post code: BA22 7LH

http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/haynes-breakfast-club

greyV8pete
03-12-2016, 08:24 AM
SW Meet tomorrow at the Haynes Breakfast Club. 9.00am opens! Details above. Hope to see you there. Peter.

greyV8pete
01-01-2017, 05:06 PM
No SW Meet for January 2017

I plan to be in the woods again with John at Fingle on 7th Jan taking photos of the Exeter Trial. We are usually up at bend 5 so wave if you have a hand free!

February SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th February at the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2017

at Shepton Mallet .

Details as link below:

http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/19?utm_campaign=%28TKT%29+-+13DEC16+-+GWCCS+-+All+car+shows+data&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there. Peter.

greyV8pete
26-01-2017, 12:14 PM
*** Reminder ***

February SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th February at the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2017

at Shepton Mallet .

Details as link below:

http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/pr...il&utm_content (http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/19?utm_campaign=%28TKT%29+-+13DEC16+-+GWCCS+-+All+car+shows+data&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content)

greyV8pete
10-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Bump! This Sunday. Peter.

greyV8pete
03-03-2017, 07:27 PM
The March SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th March

at the Route 38 Diner, Trerulefoot, Saltash, PL12 5BL. Tel: 01752 851038

at 12.30hrs

The meet is further west this time so I hope to meet up with some of the Cornwall Marlin owners.

If you know someone who has a Marlin but isn’t in the MOC tell them to come anyway.

If you drive a Marlin but it is not on the road don’t worry, just come in disguise in a tin top and join us!

Just a heads up for any one travelling on the A38 from the West, to allow for possible delays in the Glynn Valley roadworks!

See you there!
Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
08-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Hi Peter,
Many thanks for the heads up.
I'll try my best to get Moll going but if not then we will have to tin-top it boo.
Look forward to catching up.
Cheers,
Dane.

greyV8pete
08-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Hi Peter,
Many thanks for the heads up.
I'll try my best to get Moll going but if not then we will have to tin-top it boo.
Look forward to catching up.
Cheers,
Dane.

Excelent Dane! Happy Dave is coming and John (maybe in the MX5 but probably with me) so hope some of the other Cornwall dwellers surface too. Peter.

greyV8pete
11-03-2017, 10:33 AM
The March SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th March

at the Route 38 Diner, Trerulefoot, Saltash, PL12 5BL. Tel: 01752 851038

at 12.30hrs

The meet is further west this time so I hope to meet up with some of the Cornwall Marlin owners.

If you know someone who has a Marlin but isn’t in the MOC tell them to come anyway.

If you drive a Marlin but it is not on the road don’t worry, just come in disguise in a tin top and join us!

Just a heads up for any one travelling on the A38 from the West, to allow for possible delays in the Glynn Valley roadworks!

See you there!
Peter.

Bump! Two Hunters and a Berli going that I know about. Anyone else from the wilds of Cornwall going to join us? It would be nice to see some muddy trials cars too. With the Lands End soon I know you are hiding there somewhere ;). Peter.

greyV8pete
12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Good meal at the Route 38 Diner today and glad to meet Dane who made it all the way up from Padstow in Moll. With Happy Dave’s Hunter and mine it made just the three Marlins. Having travelled down the A38 “tin top alley” to get to the lunch, the route home was a more enjoyable drive over Dartmoor with a stop for a cream tea at Princetown. Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
13-03-2017, 05:46 PM
It was great fun to meet up at Trerulefoot. Many thanks for organising it Peter.
I had misfires and lumpiness galore from Trevone to Victoria. At BP Victoria I refueled with some lovely 97 octane fuel and within a couple of miles Moll was singing happily. I notice from my records that the fuel left in her was five months old; I hadn’t been out since we moved in October. A lesson there. I know E10 doesn’t store for much more than a month so, more trips out. Incidentally, Moll clocked up her 50,000th mile on the way home from Princetown. Not bad milage for a kit car although the “old broom theory” does apply in her case ??
Here’s looking forward to more runs out and maybe next time I’ll have my co-pilot with me, and of course my owner !!
Now, how many Marlins live in Cornwall ? More than one I suspect.
Cheers Pete, Dane.

greyV8pete
06-04-2017, 07:54 AM
The April SW Meet will be this Sunday April 9th

at The Plume of Feathers, Princetown

Plymouth Hill, Princetown, PL20 6QQ

Tel: 01822 890240

theplumeoffeathersdartmoor.co.uk/

There are six people definitely going at present but as with all pubs these days booking is essential on a Sunday so I have provisionally booked a table for those that I know will be attending.

Important! If you are able to join us please let me know as soon as possible so I can tell the pub and make sure you have a chair to sit on!

I can be contacted on the phone number in Pitstop under SW Meets, by PM on this forum or by email plicence(at)eclipse.co.uk

Meet in the bar at 12.00hrs.

greyV8pete
06-05-2017, 07:20 AM
May SW Meet will be on Sunday 14 May 2017
at the Classic Car Day at Killerton House near Exeter

Killerton House,
Broadclyst,
Exeter,
EX5 3LE

Call them on 01392 881345 or email killerton@nationaltrust.org.uk to request an entry form.
(Suggest you attach a photo of your Marlin if you email request for an entry form so they know what it looks like!)

Note that entry price (£5 per car and driver + £2.50 for passenger) includes free access to the house and grounds!

Times: 10.00am to 5.00pm

Dane_Rescueman
12-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Hi Pete.

I was thinking of coming.
I started a bit of “out of phase” servicing on moll and was surprised to discover that the heavy steel tray upon which I mount my AMM had become cracked and loose.
Ive got that side of the engine bay apart and am in the process of making a new shelf. It is bolt on so no welding required. One of the stainless bolts seems to have fractured which will be the cause of the other snags with the tray. Ho-hum.
Moll goes to France next month so I must check everything else too !!
I don’t think I’ll get it all done until into next week so I won’t get to Killerton. Sorry about that but hopefully we will catch up soon. Maybe other Kernow Marlins will attend ???
Have a great time.

greyV8pete
12-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Hi Dane. Thanks for the reply. Although initially accepted David has been unable to go as he has since been told that they are oversubscribed and are not accepting any more cars!

Last year I applied 2 days before the show and got in! That said the show will be available to see by using the main car park but not the same as taking part. Peter.

droverpete
13-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately I also applied too late, was told it was fully booked by the end of April, so won't be there. Next years entry forms should be available at the beginning of March. To anyone thinking of going on the day to see the show, normal admission charges apply - public car park plus two people is £26.00 (cheaper for NT Members and concessions)

PeterH

greyV8pete
08-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Marlin SW Meet this month is on SATURDAY June 17th at

The Bristol Classic Car Show

Peter.

bryannewell
15-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Hi Peter
I am hoping to visit on Sat, What time do gates open?
Regards
Bryan

greyV8pete
16-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Hi Peter
I am hoping to visit on Sat, What time do gates open?
Regards
Bryan

Hi Bryan.
Look forward to catching up with you. All I can find about opening times is from other websites which suggests its gates open at 09.30hrs.

As we are driving up from Exeter we usually get there for 10.00am. Peter

greyV8pete
16-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Marlin SW Meet this month is on SATURDAY June 17th at

The Bristol Classic Car Show

Peter.

Bump! Don't forget it's tomorrow - SATURDAY!

bryannewell
16-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Thanks Peter
Not sure what time I will get there yet but hope to meet up
Bryan

greyV8pete
27-06-2017, 09:06 PM
SW Meets Summer 2017

As in previous years the summer meets will tend to follow the car shows. I plan to attend the following events this summer:

Powderham Classic Car Show Sat 8th & Sun 9th July
(I will be on the STAR stand with the classic)

Wadebridge Wheels Sunday16th July
Registrations at http://www.wadebridgewheels.co.uk/

Castle Combe Summer Action Festival Saturday 22nd July
Tickets from Derek Cook (see forum)

Thornfalcon Meet Sunday 20th August
Henlade, Nr. Taunton, Somerset, TA3 5NB
http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/directions.aspx
No entry fee required just turn up !

Cornish Run (Ferries & Rivers) Sunday 17th September
See Pitstop 200 – Contact Gerald Dinnis
geraldandlin@hotmail.co.uk

Hope to see some other Marlin owners at the shows.
Peter.

margie2000
14-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Well this is my first venture onto the forum.

I am Mark Saturley from Paignton with a two tone grey Hunter v8. I just thought I would let you know that I am going to be at the Riviera Classic Car Show in Paignton this Sunday 16th July. Its a good show on the seafront and there will be at least one Marlin there.

I will try to keep in touch now that I have finally got access to the Forum and come along to the monthly SW meets.

The following week is the Silverstone Classis which yours truly and his trustee Marlin will be attending. As an aside, I am buying a fold down caravan for trips afield and want to add a tow bar to the car. I understand that it is possible. Has anyone got something I could use or put me in contact with someone who can fabricate something?

Thanks

wiggiesworld
14-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the gang.

A lot of the members have tow bars on their cars (not me though). I know Danny Nelson tows an Eriba Puck with his Cabrio V8 so its definitely doable.

Certainly plenty going on in the SW, shame I live in Rugby....... :)

ATB

Neil

LWB Cabrio, 2L Burton Pinto, Ford Nightfire Red.

greyV8pete
15-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Well this is my first venture onto the forum.

I am Mark Saturley from Paignton with a two tone grey Hunter v8. I just thought I would let you know that I am going to be at the Riviera Classic Car Show in Paignton this Sunday 16th July. Its a good show on the seafront and there will be at least one Marlin there.

I will try to keep in touch now that I have finally got access to the Forum and come along to the monthly SW meets.

The following week is the Silverstone Classis which yours truly and his trustee Marlin will be attending. As an aside, I am buying a fold down caravan for trips afield and want to add a tow bar to the car. I understand that it is possible. Has anyone got something I could use or put me in contact with someone who can fabricate something?

Thanks

Hi Mark.
Welcome to the forum. I will be going to Wadebridge Wheels tomorrow which is where we first met a couple of years ago.

We will also be at Castle Combe next Saturday. Derek Cook had some spare tickets for the club stand last time I looked on the forum. Why not give him a call as it is a good event. Peter.

margie2000
16-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks Peter,

I may not be able to make next Saturday which is a shame because it sounds really good. Mark.

greyV8pete
16-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Reminder !

Thornfalcon Meet This Sunday 20th August

(http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/directions.aspx)
No entry fee required, no pre booking, just turn up! No excuses! ;)

Hope to see some more Marlins there :cool:

Peter.

seasider790
22-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I've just uploaded a video of the Thornfalcon Show if anyone cares to take a look. I think I included all the Marlins that were there, albeit that one is hiding away a bit in the image of Apple County Kit Car Club's stand.

https://youtu.be/VFS_paT0fiA

Paul

The_Moog
23-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Excellent compilation Paul, rain aside it was once again a great meet with a fantastic cross section of vehicles to admire!

John

seasider790
24-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks John. I'm glad you enjoyed both the show and the video.

Paul

greyV8pete
29-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Excellent compilation Paul, rain aside it was once again a great meet with a fantastic cross section of vehicles to admire!

John

Agreed. A good collection of photos Paul, that have captured the diverse collection of cars. Peter.

greyV8pete
29-08-2017, 10:44 AM
SW Meet September 2017

The September SW Meet is with Gerald Dinnis on Sunday 17th September

Cornish Run (Ferries & Rivers)

For details See Pitstop #200 – Please contact Gerald Dinnis who is organising this.

When I spoke to Gerald at the beginning of August he hadn’t had a response from anybody! If you are coming then please contact Gerald as soon as possible as he needs to know numbers for the lunch.

Peter.

Gerald Dinnis
07-09-2017, 05:50 AM
Hi Peter, Would it be possible every other month to meet at the Ley arms and perhaps A38 NEAR Plymouth as that should help out the Cornish and West Devon Marliners.
Cheers Gerald Dinnis

greyV8pete
08-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Hi Peter, Would it be possible every other month to meet at the Ley arms and perhaps A38 NEAR Plymouth as that should help out the Cornish and West Devon Marliners.
Cheers Gerald Dinnis

Hi Gerald.

That was one option that I suggested in the first post on this thread. So far, apart from yourself and the stalwart Dane Rescueman there hasn't been much response on the forum from your end of the region. However if you have knowledge of people down your way that would like to attend a meet then it would be good to meet up. The Ley Arms is now very popular on a Sunday, with very little parking since they used part of the car park for extra seating, in fact anywhere near Exeter is equally busy on a Sunday with carverys and table booking a must if you want to eat.

I will have a chat with you next weekend and see what we can work out together. Peter.

greyV8pete
14-09-2017, 09:18 PM
SW Meet September 2017

The September SW Meet is with Gerald Dinnis on Sunday 17th September

Cornish Run (Ferries & Rivers)

For details See Pitstop #200 – Please contact Gerald Dinnis who is organising this.

If you are coming then please contact Gerald as soon as possible as he needs to know numbers for the lunch.

Peter.

Bump! Don't forget it's this Sunday 17th!

greyV8pete
18-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Really enjoyed the Ferries & Rivers run yesterday. Excellent scenery, good food and well planned and managed by Gerald. Five cars were on the run and it was great to meet some new enthusiastic Marlin owners.
Photos to follow. Peter.

andrewjo
22-09-2017, 08:29 PM
thanks Gerald for another excellent run through Cornwall and over the ferries.
Good to meet new and younger Marlin members especially.
Thanks for organising such excellent weather too.
Good choice of coffee, lunch and Cornish cream tea stops.

chris_cussen
29-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Weather forecast looks a bit grim on Sunday, but as I am only 10 minutes away I may goto Haynes Breakfast club if is not raining.

greyV8pete
22-10-2017, 10:40 AM
The next Marlin SW Meet is Sunday 5th November at The Classic Vehicle Restoration Show

Advance tickets* are available at the link below.
https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/21

Peter.

greyV8pete
27-01-2018, 10:40 PM
The next Marlin SW Meet is Sunday 11th February 2018

at The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show

Peter.

greyV8pete
09-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Bump! As above. It's this Sunday! Weather forecast encouraging but wrap up warm as usual! :cool: Peter.

Dane_Rescueman
10-07-2018, 09:43 AM
With poor Pete waiting for his foot to recover, just a reminder to SW Marlins that it is Wadebridge wheels on Sunday 15th July at the Royal Cornwall showground at Wadebridge. It is still possible to book in on their Wadebridge Wheels web site. Lets hope the weather holds. See you there.
Best wishes to you Pete. It won't be long now until you are running around again.

kahawi
11-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Damn! A bit more notice and we might/could have made it (prior booking)

Good luck to Pete, we hope to see him on Friday, in the Marlin, if it don't rain too much!

meverett
11-07-2018, 11:16 AM
We will be going too. Hope to meet a few MOC members there.
Weather is looking promising and Cup final day as well so be a busy day.

chris_cussen
11-07-2018, 04:45 PM
260 mile round trip is a bit too far! Sorry can't make it.
Did do Castle combe last Saturday. Only 3 Marlins on the club pitch, plus one other there with another car club.
Some fast cars on the circuit though watching a Scooby-doo being harrased by a (very fast) Peugot 106 was entertaining.
There was a drifting demo too. One of the silliest exhibitions I have ever seen, although you have to admire the driver's ability to stay on the road (most of the time).

greyV8pete
10-09-2018, 08:34 PM
S W Meet update! October added!

The October S W Meet will be at Haynes Motor Museum Sparkford on Sunday 14th October.

Post code: BA22 7LH

https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/visit-us/how-find-us (https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/visit-us/how-find-us)

I will be in the Cafe 750 at 12.30hrs.

S W Meet November 2018 advance info:

The November SW Meet will be on Sunday 4th November at

The Footman James 17th Classic Vehicle Restoration Show
The Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 6QN

greyV8pete
09-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Bump! Don’t forget the October S W Meet this Sunday 14th! Details below. Peter.

S W Meet update! October added!

The October S W Meet will be at Haynes Motor Museum Sparkford on Sunday 14th October.

https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/visit-us/how-find-us

S W Meet November 2018 advance info:

The November SW Meet will be on Sunday 4th November at

chris_cussen
09-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Sorry, assisting as time keeper at the Gold Hill 10k race.
Chris

greyV8pete
11-10-2018, 07:44 PM
S W Meet update! October!

https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/visit-us/how-find-us

For the information of anyone who has not been before it is not necessary to pay the museum entrance fee to gain access to the Cafe750 for a meet and a Marlin chat.

droverpete
13-10-2018, 10:11 PM
We'll be going to Haynes tomorrow as haven't seen it since the refurbishment and it's only 40 minutes away but appreciate the weather might deter everyone else!

Peter H

greyV8pete
13-10-2018, 10:27 PM
We'll be going to Haynes tomorrow as haven't seen it since the refurbishment and it's only 40 minutes away but appreciate the weather might deter everyone else!

Peter H

Hi Peter. I will be there with John, David and Tracy. Look forward to meeting up with you again. Peter.

greyV8pete
29-10-2018, 07:08 PM
S W Meet November 2018

Reminder that the November SW Meet will be on this coming Sunday 4th November at:

I will be in the bar upstairs at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there. Peter.

greyV8pete
04-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Although today was a miserable wet day it was nice that Danny and his friend made the effort to come to the meet today in his silver Hunter, all the way from the Birmingham area. Good to see you both and catch up with the news.

I saw your recently acquired Hunter Julian, but not you. We were upstairs in the bar from 12.30h as per the plan. I put a SW Meets sign on our table, but didn’t see you there.

Hope to see more local SW Marlineers next time.

Photos below.
Peter.10491

jhaines
04-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Hi Pete,

I did poke my nose in to the bar but didn't see anybody obviously Marlin, it was very busy, I'll look harder next time. The wet weather showed up a few leaks from under the dashboard, seems a not uncommon problem! I did have a brief chat with a couple from Taunton with a Berlinetta in the throws of a rebuild. See you next time. Cheers.

tonygards
09-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Hi.

I have a Roadster and keep it on the road all year round, (subject to it's tantrums it throws up), when will the next SW meet be please, and where on this site is the best place to look for future meets.
Thanks

greyV8pete
09-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Hi.

I have a Roadster and keep it on the road all year round, (subject to it's tantrums it throws up), when will the next SW meet be please, and where on this site is the best place to look for future meets.
Thanks

Hi Tony.

Glad to hear that you are an all the year driver :-).

I am hoping for a SW Meet early in December. Location not yet decided but all suggestions welcome!

This SW Meets area of the forum is where you need to look. There is a red shortcut button at the top of the forum page that will take you to the SW Meets area.

Peter.

greyV8pete
07-12-2018, 06:51 PM
December SW Meet will be on Sunday 16th December

At the Dartington Shops Christmas Fair

Dartington Cider Press Centre
Shinners Bridge
Dartington, Totnes
TQ9 6TQ
England

I will be in the Bayards Kitchen at 12.00hrs.

Links:
https://www.dartington.org/visit/shops/

https://www.dartington.org/visit/shops/welcome-to-our-shops/

chrislibby
13-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Ok. We should be there. Any particular car park. The overflow usually has space at the top

greyV8pete
13-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Ok. We should be there. Any particular car park. The overflow usually has space at the top

Not been there for years so will take your suggestion and head for the top! Look forward to meeting you both. Peter.

droverpete
15-12-2018, 09:15 PM
We're also planning on joining you tomorrow.

greyV8pete
15-12-2018, 10:12 PM
We're also planning on joining you tomorrow.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you both. Peter.

greyV8pete
31-12-2018, 03:12 PM
SW Meets Jan / Feb 2019

No actual meet planned for January but weather permitting I plan to be at Fingle Hill taking Marlin photos at the Exeter Trial on this coming Saturday 5th January. Peter.

https://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/where-to-spectate/ (https://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/where-to-spectate/)

https://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/the-exeter-trial/ (https://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/the-exeter-trial/)

—————————-
February SW Meet will be on Sunday 10th February 2019 at

The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2019
Bath & West Showground Shepton Mallet Somerset BA4 6QN.

chrislibby
01-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Hope to be there. What time are the first cars due?

greyV8pete
01-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Hope to be there. What time are the first cars due?

First bike seems to be scheduled for 08.00hrs. Cars are usually one hour afterwards. Adverse weather can delay things.

We usually go up to bend five for photos but not sure if my foot will allow that this year :-o Will keep an eye out for you Chris. Peter.

chrislibby
05-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Red open top... GMY 32V

greyV8pete
05-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Red open top... GMY 32V

Sorry we missed you Chris. We were in the modern as space for food, boots and waterproof stuff!

We made it up the assault course to bend 5 and stayed there to take photos. Will post them on the forum tomorrow. Peter.

chrislibby
06-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Sorry we missed you. It would help if I read the calendar correctly. All I can say is that we cleaned the section today on foot.

greyV8pete
06-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Sorry we missed you. It would help if I read the calendar correctly. All I can say is that we cleaned the section today on foot.

Just cant get the staff these days! We thought you had been lured into the pub! Maybe next time!

Will post some photos of Marlins later. Peter.

greyV8pete
30-01-2019, 06:15 PM
February SW Meet will be on Sunday 10th February 2019 at

Don’t forget SW Meet is this coming Sunday!

The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2019

The weather looks hopeful now!

droverpete
08-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Sorry I won't be at the meet on Sunday, a family event takes priority.

Peter H

greyV8pete
05-04-2019, 10:16 PM
I’m planning to go to the Haynes Motor Museum breakfast meet this Sunday 7th April, to meet up with Happy Dave and his new Westfield. I will probably get there about 10.00am and head for the Cafe 750, so if any other Marlins in the area can get there it would be good to meet up. Peter.

The Museum is at Sparkford, Somerset BA22 7LH

chris_cussen
06-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Sorry, just down the road but I'm helping at a (running) race.
Chris

h_m_cumming
06-04-2019, 11:37 AM
With luck I'll be there. Still running in after engine rebuild.
Hugh

davidmartin720
06-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Sorry I cannot make Sparkford as our local Kit Car Club have organised a run starting with breakfast at Shapwick at 10am and going up through to Radstock and around the country and back to Axbridge. David.

msd2018
06-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Hi Pete,
the family have trapped me so unable to make Sunday. Best regards Martin

greyV8pete
11-06-2019, 04:59 PM
June SW Meet will be on SATURDAY 22nd June at

The Footman James Bristol Classic Car Show Shepton Mallet.

http://www.bathandwestshowground.com/events/the-footman-james-bristol-classic-car-show (http://www.bathandwestshowground.com/events/the-footman-james-bristol-classic-car-show)

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there.

Peter.

chrislibby
11-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Sorry Pete. We are in France for a few months. Good luck with the meeting
Chris

greyV8pete
20-06-2019, 04:17 PM
June SW Meet will be on SATURDAY 22nd June at

The Footman James Bristol Classic Car Show Shepton Mallet.

http://www.bathandwestshowground.com/events/the-footman-james-bristol-classic-car-show

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there.

Peter.

Bump! Don’t forget it’s this SATURDAY !

greyV8pete
07-08-2019, 09:44 AM
August SW Meet will be at:-

Thornfalcon Meet Next Sunday 18th August

No entry fee required, no pre booking, just turn up!

Notionally 11.00am until 2.00pm but people often arrive earlier and leave later.

Hope to see some more Marlins there

Peter.

greyV8pete
12-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Due to the annoying dark grey text on a black background default setting of the website the above message is only legible if you log on to the forum with your own username and password.

Hopefully you will be able to read this post for which I will attempt to use a larger typeface. Peter.

This Sunday 18th August the SW Meet will be at Thornfalcon Meet. At Henlade near Taunton TA3 5NB. 11.00 - 14.00hrs.

philcoyle
12-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Hi Pete
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the left hand corner is a small window that lets you change your script.
Stops you from pulling your hair out.
Phil

greyV8pete
13-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Hi Pete
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the left hand corner is a small window that lets you change your script.
Stops you from pulling your hair out.
Phil

Many thanks Phil. I thought that option was only available when logged in. However that said I hope others read this post so they can do the same. Peter. 🙂

greyV8pete
14-08-2019, 10:54 PM
This Sunday 18th August the SW Meet will be at Thornfalcon Meet. At Henlade near Taunton TA3 5NB. 11.00 - 14.00hrs.

Bump! Anyone else going from the SW area? Peter.

h_m_cumming
15-08-2019, 07:26 AM
I'll try but can't guarantee it.

kahawi
15-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Sorry Peter, another one we will miss!

Will you be at Castle Combe Saturday Oct 5th ?

droverpete
15-08-2019, 10:43 PM
I'll be there.

Peter H

greyV8pete
17-08-2019, 08:03 PM
I'll be there.

Peter H

Good to hear that you will be there Peter. The weather looks more promising now so hope some others can make it. Peter.

greyV8pete
24-10-2019, 09:59 AM
SW Meet November 2019

November SW Meet will be on Saturday 2nd November 2019 at

The Footman James 19th Classic Vehicle Restoration Show

greyV8pete
28-10-2019, 01:41 PM
SW Meet November 2019

Bump! It’s this coming Saturday!

greyV8pete
01-11-2019, 07:14 AM
SW Meet November 2019

Bump! Its tomorrow!

msd2018
01-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Once again sorry Pete but family rule. best regards Martin Dowse

chris_cussen
01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Sorry, out running

greyV8pete
02-01-2020, 06:36 PM
Exeter Trial this weekend! Not a meet as such but I plan to be at Fingle on Saturday with my son John to photograph as many Marlins as possible. We plan to be at bend 5 as usual, creaky legs permitting! Peter.

dcunn
02-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Pics ! Yes Please Peter

greyV8pete
01-02-2020, 11:41 AM
SW Meet February 2020

The February SW Meet will be on Saturday 8th February 2020 at :-

The Great Western Classic Car Show

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there. Peter

dougohere
02-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Hello, I would like to come along with my Cabrio and this would be my first meeting with fellow club members. As Marlin club members, do we still have to pay admission to the show ground?
Doug

greyV8pete
02-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Hello, I would like to come along with my Cabrio and this would be my first meeting with fellow club members. As Marlin club members, do we still have to pay admission to the show ground?
Doug

Hi Doug.
This show is a public event. Although members of other clubs also attend (and some organise a stand inside the halls) there is no club entry to the show as such. Head for the classic car parking area. After entering the showground from the A371 keep right and after about 100 yards dodging the pot holes turn right when you get to the marshal. Then follow the track around to the left where marshalls will take entry payment. Entry for classics is usually £5 on the gate and the usual entry fee for any passenger.

Look forward to meeting up. Peter.