Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving home for Christmas.

MISSING PERSON ALERT
    Concern is growing for gruff-voiced, car-liking singer Chris Rea following news that he once again spent most of November and December "driving home for Christmas".
    The rough throated Ferrari fan´s musical announcement led several members of the public to contact police who have launched an immediate investigation.

"We´re obviously very worried about Mr Rea," said Constable John Constable of the Metropolitan Police, "We understand that he has now been `driving home for Christmas´ for about 25 years. We can only assume that he took a catastrophic wrong turning somewhere around 1988."

Using a special `map´, Sniff Petrol plotted the sounds-like-he-smokes-too-much singer´s possible course from his pop star mansion with ample garaging, somewhere in London, to his home town of Middlesbrough. Our conclusion is that it would be impossible for Chris to drive around Britain for over a decade becoming increasingly lost with every turn because factory fitted sat-nav systems weren´t invented until after he had set off on his epic drive. The only answer is that the growly guitar geezer has
    driven into the sea or is somewhere in the Manchester area.
    The police remain more optimistic; "We think Mr Rea may be out there, but rather confused," said Constable Constable, "During his endless quest to get `home for Christmas´ several events have taken place. He may, for example, be baffled by the sudden appearance of the M40. And if he is still driving the same non-fuel injected car, he may have trouble understanding what unleaded and `Ethanol´ is. We just hope we can find Mr Rea before next October. Then we won´t have to hear that record again."

Re: Driving home for Christmas.

+1 ; - ))))))

Comment

hopefully never to be found

images.jpg

Comment

I heard he was going to Mark Knopplfer's place because they were going to form a new band - Dire Straits with Chris Rea - or just Dire Rea? Sorry.

Comment

UPDATE
          Singer Chris Rea has set off on the drive back to his house for the festive season, it has been confirmed.
          The 63 year-old rock star made his announcement over the PA system in the Queensgate, Doncaster branch of Iceland, telling customers that after some initial hold-ups he had enjoyed a good run with the traffic lights and was now on the motorway making good progress.

Customer Tom Booker said: “I know he is a keen motorist, but I am surprised he has chosen to take the car given the volume of traffic at this time of year and the fantastic deals available on the rail network if you pre-book.

”Mother-of-two Janet Fisher said: “His family lives in Berkshire. Assuming an average of 500 miles per day with rest stops, I guess he must be driving home for Christmas from somewhere in New Zealand.

“In that case, by the time he gets back he will be exhausted. I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but if he is really so eager to see those faces, he’d surely have been better off flying.”
          She added: “It could be that he has a load of food-oriented gifts for his relations and is concerned about airport security confiscating pork and dairy products, which is what happened to me one time coming back from Rimini.”

Comment

Driving home for Xmas

Do you think we should start a collection for Chris rea and his ferrarii - reason buy him a satnav then we won't have to put up with him singing interminably about Driving home for xmas - just an idea!!

Comment

Working...
            X