Carbio Ignition Wiring 2lt DOHC 8V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbio Ignition Wiring 2lt DOHC 8V

I have wired in the ECU and double if not triple checked the circuits, but cannot start the engine. 4 wires from the ECU (15,18,30 & 53) I have left unconnected. I believe the problem is the wiring of the ignition module - Can any one help ? tel 01932 784045 evenings.

Re: Carbio Ignition Wiring 2lt DOHC 8V

Hello stuart
    Don`t worry about the pins you mentioned.
    I wired one of these in my cabrio and this is what I think.
    Wires 15,18,53 are for the autobox actuator.
    Wire 30 is for the autobox gearlever starter inhibit relay which was probably not fitted in the sierra manual doner.
    I suspect your fuel pump is not running. Check that the pump runs for about 2 seconds, (for priming) when ignition is switched on. If not recheck the wiring for the fuel pump. ECU pin 22 (active low) is the driver for this, but realise that it cannot drive a pump directly (must use a relay)
    ECU pin 36 is the ignition module driver, blue/red wire on the module. This will only switch when the ECU receives a timing pulse from the crank angle sensor, so to test this you will have to crank the engine and monitor this wire. Or
    if ignition system is suspect simply connect a lamp across the coil primary terminals and crank the engine.
    Hope this helps, if not I may be able to answer specific questions.
    All the best
    Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter,
      Will try over the next couple of days.
      The fuel pump is working as it is driven via the new wiring loom supplied via Marlin.
      Stewart.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
        What was your donor car? I have the complete set of electrical diagrams from Ford for the Sierra. You are welcome to come and copy the bits you need - I am based just north of High Wycombe. Call me on 01494 864351

Comment

Thanks Keith,
          I have got the engine running very sweetly now thanks to another member ringing me up.
          Stewart

Comment

Working...
          X