Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster for sale

Marlin For Sale

This car belonged to the late Eddie Freeman of Denton, Northants and is being sold by his widow Sara and son Lee.

SWB Marina based Roadster. Owned by Eddie for about 3 years. In this time he carried out the following work:-

New clutch and slave cylinder, recon Ford Type 9 gearbox and propshaft, new fuel tank, recon steering rack, new dashboard with new electronic instruments, new seats, new chrome headlights, partial re-trim, partial re-wire, new tyres, respray. He also raised the steering wheel and column a few inches for his own comfort. Full weather gear is included in blue. They are in good condition but the tonneau cover needs alteration to accommodate the raised steering wheel.

The car is on the club archive and there is full history going back to the build.

Eddie wasn't happy about the respray but this could be greatly improved with rubbing down compound and polish.

Eddie was a an engineer by profession and the work carried out is to a good standard but the car is not a perfect example and would benefit from some tidying up and tlc. However it is a reliable car and ready for use. The tax runs out at the end of Feb and it will come with a new MOT.

With the MGB engine and 5 speed box this is a very powerful and exciting car.

Those of us who knew Eddie and the car value it at about £2,500.

Franklin Woodcock.

Enquiries to Sara Freeman 01604 891481
    Attached Files
    Franklin, Leicester

Re: Roadster for sale

surely £2500 is too cheap ?

Comment

Lovely car and quality build - bargain at that price !!

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
        Not if you factor in a respray or professional rub and polish on the paintwork.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

yes I take your point David and it raises the question (once again) what is a car worth? I guess it depends on what someone is prepared to pay . My personal feeling, and what I would say to anyone who asks is that a roadster with no mot, and in need of a little work to get it mots is around £600 - £800. A sound Car (as above) with MOT and usable as-is I would expect to reach a min of £2k and up to around £4k but the superb ones can command even more. Trouble is, because there is such a limited supply of our cars the market is difficult to judge. I have heard of cars being given away for next to nothing and at teh other extreme someone was advertising a roadster at nearly £12k not so long ago. Anyone any thoughts?

Comment

yes I take your point David and it raises the question (once again) what is a car worth? I guess it depends on what someone is prepared to pay . My personal feeling, and what I would say to anyone who asks is that a roadster with no mot, and in need of a little work to get it mots is around £600 - £800. A sound Car (as above) with MOT and usable as-is I would expect to reach a min of £2k and up to around £4k but the superb ones can command even more. Trouble is, because there is such a limited supply of our cars the market is difficult to judge. I have heard of cars being given away for next to nothing and at teh other extreme someone was advertising a roadster at nearly £12k not so long ago. Anyone any thoughts?
            Well PKK989M my old roadster sold for £500 in 2011/2 but Eric's so happy with it now it's back on the road that he won't part with it for anything, although I haven't offered £12k

If I was in the market for a B series based car I'd snap this up and spend hours polishing, but I'm hanging out for an early 6 cylinder hybrid.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes I would be disapointed to see that a far-better-than-mine roadster is sold 2500 EUR cheaper

IMHO 4000 GBP is a fair price

Christophe.

Comment

The car has been sold.
                Franklin.
                Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
                X