Marlin prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin prices

Someone mentioned in recent post of not having a feel for market price (not that it matters - its a passion but we all occasionally sell to get the next project). I had a few free moments and thought I would try a spread sheet on Marlins using what info was arround - not complete ran out of free moments - is it of interest if I work it some more, unless somebody already has it that is. (I put in reg numbers but decided to hide them - even though it was all public domain)

I suspect Danny has all this and a great deal more knowledge in his head - but I thought it was an interesting exercise.

Hope you can see attached

I could graph it when I have enough data.

Price log.JPG

Re: Marlin prices

That is useful, I was wondering about doing that myself so thanks for that.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

It's interesting to know for insurance if not for selling.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Just an observation guys. The figures on the spread sheet appear to me to reflect the asking prices. Asking price, and selling price can be very different. A figure for insurance purposes may be different again ( may reflect all or part of the build labour )Remember parts only policys? etc etc.
        I personally know of two Marlins that have been advertised for the past three years and have not sold. A seller can ask whatever price they decide, but a car will only sell for whatever figure someone is prepared to give for it on the day. With any home built car there are many items that are different, fit, quality, finish, recon/new parts used, developed car/ garage queen, etc etc to name just a few. All to be considered. However you can arrive at min/ max prices. I find it all very interesting.

Comment

If I get a chance I will add more as there were still plenty I have not added.

Agree on the Advert vs Sale price - I put a column in the spread sheet but getting that sort of data is not prcatical. Should indicate a trend if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan.c View Post
            If I get a chance I will add more as there were still plenty I have not added.

Agree on the Advert vs Sale price - I put a column in the spread sheet but getting that sort of data is not prcatical. Should indicate a trend if nothing else.
            It's never going to be accurate in that sense, if possible it might be worth adding a column to track whether it sold or not. BTW for the ones sold on eBay you can usualy find out how much they sold for.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
            X