Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help viewing a Roadster...

Hi all,

Anyone in the Minehead area that's up for taking a look at a Triumph MK1 based car for sale for me? Depending on your initial thoughts I'd go for a look myself.

No pressure

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Help viewing a Roadster...

Hi David
    Are you still looking for local assistance on this?
    I might get an opportunity to have a look this week if that helps?
    No great expert but used to have a Triumph based Roadster so know a little bit!
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Yes I am, I was considering driving down Tuesday, B&B then viewing the car on the way home Wednesday. What day were you thinking about?

Just looking to make sure the major mechanicals are sound, not blowing smoke, leaking oil, or water in oil, no rattles bangs or crashes etc etc.

If it's looking good I may still need to drive down if those seats aren't on sliders to make sure my short frame will work in the car.

Thanks for the offer, let me know...

Regards, David
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi David
        PM sent
        Bryan
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi David,
          i shall be in Minehaed tomorrow [ Tuesday]
          I can take a look if you nobody else can make it. my roadster was triumph based originally so i have some experience. I think i may know this car but will need to look to make sure.
          please contact me by e-mail if you need my help [email protected]
          regards john

Comment

Thanks John, Apparently the car is between Minehead and Barnstable, so that maybe half an hour each way out of your way. Email sent.
            Last edited by David; 09-02-15, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I have pm you as I have owned this car several times over the years, and I assisted a lady owner in the last sale. The car is not reg as a Marlin ( Triumph GT6 on the V5 ) You may find what I know of help.
              Danny.

Comment

Thanks Danny. The Triumph GT6 on the V5 seems like it could be an issue...

Just got off the phone with DVLA and it seems that even for a vehicle of this age and type we are supposed to notify them of the make and model change when we change the registered keeper which will trigger the need to complete a V55/5 form which means an IVA and I think we all know a MK1 Marlin will fail that!

So I'm assuming people in this situation just 'forget' about the change to the make and model part of the process and keep their fingers crossed when at the local MOT station!
                Last edited by David; 09-02-15, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Weirdly, it seems it would be easier to start with an unregistered Marlin of at least 25 years of age;

How to register your vehicle and the cost - new registrations, kit cars, rebuilds, radically altered vehicles, old and classic vehicles, vehicle identification numbers, Q plates

Although some sources say that an IVA is still needed. Which begs the question how on earth would an old classic or vintage car pass an IVA!

Comment

David
                    Just to update you,I did not get a chance to go to see this in the end!!
                    Regards
                    Bryan
                    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by bryannewell View Post
                      David
                      Just to update you,I did not get a chance to go to see this in the end!!
                      Regards
                      Bryan
                      Hi Bryan, That's OK, thanks for trying anyway, it is appreciated.
                      Regards,
                      David

Comment

Hi David
                        Can you contact me?
                        I have details of a MK1, that is for sale.
                        [email protected]
                        01352 771183
                        Derek

Comment

Working...
                        X