Stainless Steel radiator Grill and surround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel radiator Grill and surround

Does anybody have any information about the surround of the Stainless Steel radiator grills used by Marlin (dimensions /section/ method of fixing to the surround)

My YKC just has a wire diamond shaped grill which is held in position by captive screws in the nose cowling. I need to move the grill forward so its level with the outer edge of the hole instead of being level with the back.

IMG_2606b.jpg
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Re: Stainless Steel radiator Grill and surround

Mine was the Marlin supplied aluminium strip which I bonded to the cowl, some fix it to the base of the cowl as in this photo.

- 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
      Mine was the Marlin supplied aluminium strip which I bonded to the cowl, some fix it to the base of the cowl as in this photo.

Mine's the same but it's fixed with screws. I've got no idea how I did it but it is screwed in place. My dad wove it for me, I just didn't have the patience!
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

The ally strip was bent to fit into the nose. On the early cars they had a raw edge around the grill and the fixing screws where held in with blobs of filler. Later cars were screwed to the return. The fun part is drilling the holes in the surround to take the wires. Once the surround is bent to shape you have to lay it ontop of the mesh and mark off the wires. I found easiest to leave the corner wires short to save drilling in the corners,
        Attached Files
        Last edited by b_caswell; 07-02-15, 12:15 PM.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks one and all, bending and drilling it is.Although with it being the diamond pattern makes drilling the holes a challenge.
          Pics to follow on completion
          Last edited by Michael Turpin; 07-02-15, 08:50 PM.
          YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

I think the instructions in the build manual were quite good.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
            X