Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 speed gearbox

hi all
    I have fitted the type 9 box to my 1600 crossflow. Yet to get the propshaft shortened hope to have that done next week. i have one problem has anyone got a spare gearstick from a capri or simular that will fit the type 9 box? if so willing to pay a reasonable price
    cheers
    bob

Re: 5 speed gearbox

Message originally posted by: matthew Sykes
    Bob , what was involved in the conversion then?

Comment

hi Matthew
      Briefly,up to the stage i am now the clutch had to be changed to a sierra 23 spline clutch as the input shaft is bigger, the shield between the engine and bell housing had to be altered to fit the starter motor,the original clutch release arm fouled a bolt holding the gearbox to the bellhousing so a slight adjustment with a grinder did the trick,the reverse light switch fouled the transmission tunnel so a hole was drilled to accomadate it, the gearbox mounting from the old box fits but needs resighting further back. i have yet to fit a speedo cable i believe one from a MKIV or MKV cortina will do the trick also i need to get the prop shortened bit concerned that it might be a bit tight in the tunnel.i have run the engine and selected all gears.hopeing some one will have a spare gearstick or will have to make one !

Comment

Bob,
        I can probably get hold of a gearshift from a Sierra that has a type 9 box,it just means a trip to local scrappies if that helps

Comment

Bob,
          Have obtained gearshift for type 9 box,if you let me know your address will post it on or whatever suits.No cost other than postage!

Comment

Hi alan
            thanks mate you are a real gent. my e mail address is rob-53uk(at)talktalk.net if you could e mail me i will send my address
            thanks again
            bob

Comment

Working...
            X