ticked a few jobs off the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticked a few jobs off the list

First I attacked the fuel pump. I took it off, removed it and refitted it with some PTFE tape. Then I had to fix the wiring because the fuse holder that I'd used fell apart when I disconnected the fuel pump. Having sorted out the fuel system, hopefully, I went on to replace the cam belt. I was worried about it because it was 30 years old, even though it wasn't showing it's age I still thought it should be changed as a precaution. Having got her running again I reset the timing as I hadn't adjusted it after fitting the electronic powerspark system. Well that was a busy day, and now I'm as stiff as an old boot!
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: ticked a few jobs off the list

Originally posted by andyf View Post
    ...and now I'm as stiff as an old boot!
    That's what's worrying me now I have a car I'll be tempted to work on it!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi David

PM me as I am in High Wycombe, maybe we could meet up for a chat?

Adrian

Comment

Yes good idea, I'm just across the West Wycombe Road from you in Sands. Seen you at Kop Hill Climb a few times, I was the dayglo vested steward shouting at you as you left a couple of years back
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
          Hi David

PM me as I am in High Wycombe, maybe we could meet up for a chat?

Adrian
          Unable to PM you, have you turned that off on your profile?

David.

Comment

which david are you there are a number?

Comment

You were right it was turned off.

I have now turned it on so you should be able to PM me now.

Adrian

Comment

That's the joy of owning a Marlin, not only do you get to drive it but you get to repair it too
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                X