Hi from Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Norfolk

I don't have a Marlin yet , but do know from a friend of a friend, of a roadster that has not been advertised yet, as this is quite a way to travel , I'm trying to find out if we would actually fit in it ,previously we have had a Ford based Spartan & although I like the look of the Marlin Roadster just wondering if it could be too narrow inside for us, as think they are narrower than Ford Spartans, does anyone have any measurements ,width across between inside of the doors would be useful

Re: Hi from Norfolk

Seat width is around 15"

more info

here or there and here or there
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks for the reply & great info ,but would still like to know the inside width between the doors

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk V8 View Post
        Thanks for the reply & great info ,but would still like to know the inside width between the doors
        2x15" plus 5/6 inch transmission tunnel.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

thanks that helps a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk V8 View Post
            thanks that helps a lot
            Just popped out to measure my car (a MK2), narrowest point, chassis close to the floor, is 92-93cm from side to side. There is a cm each side extra at hip height when seated. The Transmission tunnel at that point is 16cm.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi, I have a Marlin Hunter SWB and live just outside Norwich if you wanted to size it up. I will look for response and I you do want to see her will send a contact by email. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X