Roadster engine/gearbox replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster engine/gearbox replacement

My Roadster is fitted with a 1.8 Marina engine and gearbox.I would like to replace it with a Rover K series and a suitable gearbox.
    Does anybody have any practical experience of this mod and any parts available, no problems with the engine but the main problem is finding a means of mating a type 9 gearbox with the Rover enine/ clutch assembly.
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

John Melhuish

Re: Roadster engine/gearbox replacement

Hi John,
    Give Frontline in Bath a call. Not too far from Yeovil. They produce a K series conversion for the midget / spridget that uses the type 9 and mt75 box. They also produce a conversion for 1300, 1500 and 1800 A/B series engines using the type9. Web page http://www.mgcars.org.uk/frontline/index.htm.
    Hope this helps.
    Jon
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

hi John
      This conversion has been done by a member here in Derby.The guys name is Ian Bunce.I don't have an email address but i do have his postal address and phone no as he did an article on the conversion a couple of years back in pitstop

Comment

Many thanks Jon and Alan, will follow up leads.

John Melhuish

Comment

Alan,
          Is it possible for you to send me Ian's contact info ?I don't know if it is correct to ask or not, perhaps you could call him and ask him to contact me on-
          john.melhuish(at)ntlworld.com
          Many thanks,

John Melhuish

Comment

Hi John
            Have spoken to Ian on your behalf,his contact detail are: PHONE 01332 672323
            ADDRESS 11 CHARINGWORTH RD,OAKWOOD,DERBY

Comment

Many thanks Alan,

Will contact Ian.

John Melhuish

Comment

Working...
              X