GoPro Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Challenge.

I went for another run at the weekend, fabulous weather, so I tried once again to rig up my GoPro camera on the roadster to try to capture the experience of driving through the local countryside.
    I have now tried it strapped to my head that gave me a lot of views of the windscreen surround I have tried it on a bracket on the boot rack but that is too far away from the action so this time i clamped it to the dashboard great views of the wiper blades in three locations.
    oh well back to the drawing board.I want to get it right as I am looking to capture some footage of the C2C run for the website.
    Any ideas gratefully received.

Mark

Re: GoPro Challenge.

Hi, can you clamp it onto the side of the door using a miniature G clamp???

Comment

Working on a farm as I do we often have the problem of how to mount various monitors or control boxes for the increasingly sophisticated machines that are part of modern farming. We have had great success by using the sucker mounted handles as used by windscreen replacement companies. They are easy and cheap to buy from the likes of machine mart. They come as as double sucker linked by a tube. We usually cut the tube and use one sucker. This is then attached to the item and can be mounted on any window.

Comment

How about mounting it on the light bar? Best view is probably from top of the screen so maybe as Scott says? Let us have the footage

Comment

I love the idea of the Window sucker I will cirtainly give that a try. And Garath the sucker will work on the door as well. I did think about the light bar but thought it would have no relationship to the car.
          As soon as I have a video worth looking at I will try and post it on the video page I assume that will be OK.

Comment

three ways of putting a video on, use the forum (there is a little icon of a film strip - click nad follow the instructions) or pop it on you tube and I will import it for you - or let me have the raw file and I will pop it on. Methods 1 &2 are the easiest

Comment

Have you got a hood? If so raise the frame and secure it (e.g. cord tied round the top wind deflector hinge or wing mirror stalk). Get 2 plumbing pipe clips and clip them onto the hood frame. Screw them into a small rectangle of ply and then drill a hole in the ply to take your camera fixing. If you need more height then screw a piece of wood onto the platform and then screw another platform to that. No good if it is raining but then again I don't suppose you will be filming in the wet.

You could even make a support stay to clip to the second hood frame tube.

I look forward to seeing the results

Keith
              Last edited by keith_h; 11-03-15, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keithh View Post
                Have you got a hood? If so raise the frame and secure it (e.g. cord tied round the top wind deflector hinge or wing mirror stalk). Get 2 plumbing pipe clips and clip them onto the hood frame. Screw them into a small rectangle of ply and then drill a hole in the ply to take your camera fixing. If you need more height then screw a piece of wood onto the platform and then screw another platform to that. No good if it is raining but then again I don't suppose you will be filming in the wet.

You could even make a support stay to clip to the second hood frame tube.

I look forward to seeing the results

Keith

As part of C2C?
                Award for best video?
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Interesting thought!

:0)

Comment

IMG_2001.JPG

Thanks for your ideas Guys this was the final solution that seems to produce the best results. Now I will try and upload a video onto the video page. :0/
                    (I don't know why the picture is on its side it didn't start off that way)

Comment

I carefully made a special GoPro bracket to video the Scottish run last year. After some trial videos I found the best way to attach it was to hand it to my wife. If you don’t have a wife available you take mine is for a reasonable remuneration.

Comment

He he. Thanks for the offer. I do have a wife but she hates going in the Marlin I know I should get rid of her but after 35 years of marriage the divorce costs would be prohibitive.

Comment

But you need someone to make the tea when your tinkering in the garage.
                          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                            But you need someone to make the tea when your tinkering in the garage.
                            Have you not got a kettle or a fridge in the garage?
                            We have axle stands, trolley jacks, compressors, welders, etc. but why no essentials!
                            MOC member since 05/97
                            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I have a kettle, laptop and stereo - what do other people have?

Comment

Working...
                              X