Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello to all in the Club. It's great to finally have a Roadster and be part of what seems a really friendly organisation. I have been a member a couple of times over the years and finally decided to get down to some serious searching for that wee Roadster.

As I live in the Loch Lomond area of Scotland and most of the available cars resided down south, I decided to introduce myself to Danny Nelson as I'd regularly viewed his advert in Pitstop. A couple of weeks later Danny let me know he had, possibly, the car from me and it was currently stored nearby in Cardross, W Dunbartonshire, only five or so miles from home.

The car, a Marina based Roadster, had been a passion for many years and owned by the late Tim Macdonald who sadly passed away July 2013. Tim's family had reluctantly and with heavy hearts, put the car up for sale as the family were finding it difficult to make use of it.
    Thanks to Danny's introduction, I am now the custodian of this fine wee motor and grateful that the family have entrusted it into my care for the next few years at least. Not only have I gained a Marlin at last, I will hopefully remain in contact with the family who have been so helpful and friendly. I have made them a promise that Tim's Marlin will be at the May Scottish gathering at Cardross and I hope to meet as many of you that can make the trip. I have lots of questions on all things Marlin!

I have a couple of technical queries that I will post in the Roadster section of the Forum and hopefully Ben and Co will be able to help me there. Meantime, my absolute heartfelt thanks for the friendship, help and kind wishes shown to me by the Macdonald family, especially the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting so far, Stewart and Gillian, Linda and Matt and Tim's Girlfriend Lynda. Thanks also, of course to Danny.

To everyone else in the Club,an invitation to see you at Cardross in May! A line of Marlins through Glencoe? Now that is an invitation.

Best wishes

Scotty McBride

Re: Hello

Hi Scotty,

I am a fairly new member too and not that far from you (in Carluke about 40 Miles). I bought an Ital based Roadster at he start of the year, although taxed and MOT I have been pulling it to bits wiring needs tidied up new dash and get the gauges working properly is the latest phase.
    I have change the steering wheel, stripped the front suspension and brakes renewed the trunions, trackrod ends, caliper seals and brake hoses so getting here slowly.
    Carb is off t be stripped and cleaned and I have 2" lowering blocks for the back still to fit, wheels need tidied up, softtop bit shabby but have restained it.
    One of the kind MOC members donated a heater so nearly ready or the Scottish summers.

Will need to organise to meet up at some point.

Best Regards

Graham

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you guys in May

Comment

Hi Scotty,
        Do you have detail of a Scottish meet and where it is on the website,
        I remember see it when I joined but had not seen it recently I assumed it was not on.
        Would be a shame to miss it.
        Regards
        Graham

Comment

Thanks to Graham I have just posted the Scottish Run 2015 on the events site.

I'd intended to put it on when I wrote the Pitstop piece.
          regards
          Derek

Comment

Hi Scotty
            Looking forward to meeting you.
            regards
            Liz & Doug

Comment

Working...
            X